This week saw a recall on milk chocolate vanilla caramels, recalls on chocolate caramel hearts, recalls on beach chairs, recalls on protein boost, recalls on dressers, recalls on smokeless tobacco products, recalls on patio chairs, recalls on bar chairs, recalls on chests of drawers, recalls on ropes and throwlines, recalls on NOOK 7 Tablet power adapters, recalls on frozen ajiaco, recalls on cheeses, recalls on nightlights, recalls on mirrors, recalls on tzatziki sauce, and recalls on pimento spread.
Details are below, courtesy of cpsc.gov and recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of January 30,2017:
- Milk Chocolate Vanilla Caramels: Although the packaging clearly states the product is packed in a facility where other products containing peanuts, tree nuts, milk, wheat, soy and eggs are packaged, out of an abundance of caution, New American Food Products, LLC is recalling all of the 2.75-ounce bags of the Weigel’s® Mountain Valley™ Premium Chocolate Treats MILK CHOCOLATE VANILLA CARAMELS with best by date of 11/14/17 and Royal Farms Premium Chocolate Treats MILK CHOCOLATE VANILLA CARAMELS with best by date of 12/08/17. The recall was initiated due to concerns of the possible presence of peanuts. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to specific types of allergen, such as peanuts, run the risk of serious life threatening allergic reactions if they consume the product being recalled. While the product line is available in multiple flavors, the only product being recalled is the MILK CHOCOLATE VANILLA CARAMELS Premium Chocolate Treats flavor of Weigel’s® Mountain Valley™ and Royal Farms Market Place which are only sold in 2.75-ounce bags. New American Food Products, LLC is asking that customers who purchased the affected product discard it immediately or return the product to the nearest Weigel’s® or Royal Farms retail location for a full refund. Recall Date: 12/21/2017
- Chocolate Caramel Hearts: Marich Confectionery is voluntarily recalling 4.25oz Valentine Chocolate Caramel Hearts UPC CODE 797817-44440-9 because it may contain Triple Chocolate Toffee which contains almonds. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity almonds run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. Recalled products were sold in California, Oklahoma and Minnesota. The product can be identified by its Valentine’s Day themed packaging. It comes in a 4.25oz (120g) bright red and pink box with the product name of Chocolate Caramel Hearts. The lot code being recalled is 0031711 with a best by date of 9/30/17 and can be found on the bottom of the package. Consumers who have purchased 4.25oz Valentine Chocolate Caramel Hearts are urged to return it Marich Confectionery for a full refund. Recall Date: 01/26/2017
- MYSINGSÖ beach chairs: IKEA North America Services LLC is recalling MYSINGSÖ beach chairs because the chairs can collapse, posing fall and fingertip amputation hazards. This recall involves IKEA MYSINGSÖ beach chairs. The chairs are foldable with a wood base and an attached polyester fabric seat. The following article numbers are included in this recall. The article numbers are on labels on the wooden frame and sewn into the fabric. A complete list of seat fabric color & pattern and article number can be found here. Recalled beach chairs were sold at IKEA stores nationwide and online at www.ikea-usa.com from February 2013 through December 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chairs and return them to any IKEA store for a free replacement or full refund. Replacement MYSINGSÖ beach chairs are labeled with article numbers 703.380.17 and 903.380.16 and have plastic stoppers that prevent incorrect re-assembly. Recall Date: 01/27/2017
- ageLOC TR90 Protein Boost: NSE Products, Inc. is recalling all ageLOC TR90 Protein Boost because it contains milk in the formula, which is not declared on the label. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product. For consumers who are not allergic to milk there is no safety issue with this product. Protein Boost has been sold in the United States and Canada through independent distributors to end consumers. The recalled product was sold in plastic canisters and can be identified by batch numbers AZ30751, AZ32051, AZ00661, AZ27161 and AZ34161. Product expiration dates are between Nov. 2017 and Dec. 2018. Protein Boost was designed as a vegetarian product and has “lactose free” and “does not contain milk” claims on the label. The recall was initiated after Nu Skin discovered that the flavoring used in the product contains buttermilk, which constitutes approximately 0.1 percent of the overall product formulation. Consumers with a milk allergy who have purchased this product should cease consumption and contact Nu Skin to receive instruction on how to return the product. All consumers who purchased the product are eligible for a full refund of the purchase price. Recall Date: 01/28/2017
- Bolton Dressers: Bolton furniture is recalling its Two Over Two 4-drawer dressers because the recalled dressers are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing a serious tip-over and entrapment hazard that can result in death or injuries to children. The dressers do not comply with the performance requirements of the U.S. voluntary industry standard (ASTM F2057-14). This recall involves Bolton Furniture two over two style 4-drawer dressers. Models included in the recall are Cambridge 8614, Emma 8314, Essex 6614, Wakefield 8014 and Woodridge 8414. The dressers were sold in cherry, chestnut, espresso, honey, ivory, natural, and white. Model names and numbers can be found on the QC/production sticker located on back of the dresser. Recalled dressers were sold at Full Line Furniture and children’s specialty stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com, Overstock.com, Target.com, ToysRUs.com, Wayfair.com, Zulilly.com and other online retailers from February 2011 to October 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using any recalled dresser that is not properly anchored to the wall and place it into an area that children cannot access. Consumers should contact Bolton Furniture for a free retrofit kit. Consumers can install the retrofit kit or the tip-restraint strap sold with the dressers themselves, or contact Bolton who will provide a one-time, free in-home installation. Recall Date: 01/31/2017
- Smokeless Tobacco Products: U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company (USSTC) is voluntarily recalling certain of its smokeless tobacco products manufactured at USSTC’s facility in Franklin Park, IL. USSTC has notified the U.S. Food and Drug Administration of the recall and is working with federal authorities on this matter. USSTC initiated the recall after receiving eight consumer complaints of foreign metal objects, including sharp metal objects, found in select cans. In each case, the object was visible to the consumer and there have been no reports of consumer injury. Complaints have been received from consumers in Indiana, Texas, North Carolina, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Ohio. The products at issue were manufactured solely in USSTC’s Franklin Park, IL facility and distributed nationally. A complete list of products subject to recall can be found here. USSTC is instructing wholesalers and retailers to segregate the recalled products from their inventories. USSTC’s sales representatives will assist wholesalers and retailers in returning the product. A consumer who has any of the products listed in the table below should not open or use the product. Recall Date: 01/31/2017
- Swivel Patio Chairs: Casual Living Worldwide is recalling its swivel patio chairs because the base of the chairs can break during normal use, posing a fall hazard to the user. This recall involves Hampton Bay Anselmo, Calabria, and Dana Point chairs as well as Martha Stewart Living branded Cardona, Grand Bank and Wellington swivel patio chairs. The chairs are made of aluminum and steel with a round swivel base and arm rests. The chairs were sold as a pair and as part of a seven-piece patio set with accompanying tables. Recalled chairs were sold exclusively at Home Depot stores nationwide and online at HomeDepot.com from January 2007 to February 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chairs and contact Casual Living Worldwide for a free repair kit. Recall Date: 01/31/2017
- Brown Jordan Swivel Patio Chairs: Brown Jordan Services is recalling its swivel patio chairs because the base of the chair can break during normal use, posing a fall hazard to users. This recall involves La-Z-Boy Kayla swivel dining and lounge patio chairs. The chairs are made of aluminum and steel with a round swivel base. The chairs have dark blue fabric covered cushions. La-Z-Boy is printed on a gold-colored tag on the back of the chairs. The chairs were sold in a four-piece lounge set and a five-piece dining set. Recalled chairs were sold exclusively online at Sears.com from January 2016 through July 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chairs and contact Brown Jordan Services for a free repair kit. Recall Date: 01/31/2017
- Bar Chairs: 3i Corporation is recalling its bar chairs because the legs can become detached from the center post at the weld, posing a fall hazard. This recall involves allen + roth brand Safford model and Garden Treasures brand Lakeview model bar chairs sold in sets of four. The chairs have a brown, aluminum frame and a beige sling fabric cover. The 4-foot-tall chairs swivel 360 degrees and have arm rests on each side of the chair. Recalled chairs were sold exclusively at Lowe’s stores nationwide and online at www.lowes.com from November 2008 to August 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chairs and contact 3i Corporation for a free replacement base and a repair kit. Recall Date: 01/31/2017
- Simpli Home Chest of Drawers: Simpli Home Ltd. is recalling its chest of drawers because the recalled chests are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing a serious tip-over and entrapment hazard that can result in death or injuries to children. The chests do not comply with the performance requirements of the U.S. voluntary industry standard (ASTM F2057-14). This recall involves Artisan, Bellevue, Holden and Stratford style six-drawer bedroom chests of drawers. The pine wood chests are stained medium auburn brown, weigh 77 pounds and measure 36-inches high by 36-inches wide. Warning labels can be found on the back of the chests, near the top of the unit. Recalled products were sold at Amazon.com, Macys.com, Overstock.com and other online retailers from November 2015 through September 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using any recalled chest that is not properly anchored to the wall and place into an area that children cannot access. Contact Simpli Home for a choice between two options: full refund or a free tip-over restraint kit with a $100 credit towards an in-home installation of the device (with proof of service). Simpli Home is contacting consumers who purchased the recalled chests directly. Recall Date: 01/31/2017
- South Shore Chests of Drawers: South Shore Industries is recalling its 5-drawer chests because the recalled chests are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing a serious tip-over and entrapment hazard that can result in death or injuries to children. The chests do not comply with the performance requirements of the U.S. voluntary industry standard (ASTM F2057-14). This recall involves Summer Breeze style 5-drawer chest of drawers sold in cherry wood. Model number 3746035 is printed on a label affixed to the back of the chest and on the assembly guide. The chests measure 44-inches high by 31-inches wide and 16-inches deep and weigh 88 pounds. Recalled chests were sold at Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Wayfair.com and other online retailers from April 2014 through December 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using any recalled chest that is not properly anchored to the wall and place it into an area that children cannot access. Contact South Shore for a choice between two options: full refund with free pick up of the chest, or a free tip-over restraint kit with a one-time in-home installation of the kit. South Shore is contacting consumers who purchased the recalled chests directly. Recall Date: 01/31/2017
- Rescue Ropes and Throwlines: Teufelberger Fiber Rope Corp. is recalling its static ropes and throwlines because they are mislabeled as being certified to specific voluntary NFPA safety standards and cannot be relied upon for any purpose, posing fall and injury hazards to users. This recall involves CMC and New England Ropes brand 7.5 mm and 8 mm static ropes and throwlines used for rescue operations. The recalled rope models are the CMC Escape Line 5/16”/8mm (orange with yellow tracer), New England Ropes Aramid 7.5mm (tan with black tracer) and New England Ropes KM-III 5/16”/8mm (white with blue tracer). The recalled throwline model is New England Ropes NFPA (yellow with red tracer). Only ropes and throwlines with lot numbers that begin with 160101 through 1609915 are included in this recall. The model name and lot number is printed on the end band label on the rope and on the product’s packaging. The ropes and throwlines were sold in lengths ranging from 150 to 2,400 feet. Recalled ropes and throwlines were sold at CMC Rescue in Goleta, Calif., Extractor Sled in Escondido, Calif., Excalibur in Sandy, Utah, Liberty Mountain in Sandy, Utah, Rescue Technology in Carrollton, Ga., Rock-n-Rescue in Butler, Pa., Tahoe Sports in South Lake Tahoe, Calif., and West Marine in Watsonville, Calif. from January 2016 through September 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled ropes and throwlines and contact Teufelberger for a free replacement. Recall Date: 01/31/2017
- NOOK Tablet 7 Power Adapters: Barnes & Noble, Inc. is recalling its NOOK® Tablet 7 because the power adapter casing can break when plugged into an electrical outlet, exposing its metal prongs, posing an electric shock hazard. This recall involves the black power adapter sold with the NOOK Tablet 7”. The adapter bears markings: model number TPA-95A050100UU, manufacture date 201610. The NOOK Tablet 7” model number BNTV450 is located on the back of the NOOK. Recalled tablets and power adapters were sold at Barnes & Noble stores and online at www.barnesandnoble.com from November 2016 to January 2017. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled power adapters and register online for a free replacement adapter along with a Barnes & Noble $5 gift card. Once registered, consumers will be able to print a pre-paid UPS label to return the recalled adapters to Barnes & Noble. Consumers will receive replacement adapters in the mail. Until a replacement adapter is received, consumers are advised to charge their NOOK Tablet 7” through their computer using a USB cable. Recall Date: 02/01/2017
- Frozen Ajiaco: Barberi International Inc. is recalling its Sunmba Frozen Ajiaco (vegetable mix) product across Florida due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. Listeria monocytogenes is an organism, which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. The Sunmba Frozen Ajiaco (vegetable mix) product being recalled was sold in 2 lb. plastic bags with the UPC number 85641400172 and with a “use by” date of Nov. 5, 2017, or earlier. This product was distributed in Florida and sold to the below stores between December 24, 2016 thru January 22, 2017. A full list of stores where the recalled product was sold can be found here. Customers who purchased this product should discard it or return it to their local store for a full refund. Recall Date: 02/01/2017
- Fromi USA Cheeses: Fromi USA is recalling its 7 cases of Soureliette cheese and 2 cases of Tomme Brebis Fedou because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled Tomme Brebis Fedou cheese and Soureliette were distributed to CA, NY and MA through retail stores. The product Soureliette comes in a 3lb box marked with an expiration date of 02/22/2017; 01/25/2017 and 08/02/2017 stamped on the top. The product Tomme Brebis Fedou comes in a 3lb box marked with an expiration date of 02/22/2017stamped on the top. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Recall Date: 02/01/2017
- Mickey Mouse Nightlights: Disney Destinations, LLC is recalling its Happy Holidays! Mickey Mouse Nightlights because liquid from the nightlight can leak onto the electrical outlet, posing a fire hazard. This recall involves the Happy Holidays! Mickey Mouse Nightlight with a Mickey Mouse face and red and white Santa hat filled with liquid and glitter. The date code FAC # 019808-16150 is printed on the bottom rear of the nightlight. The UPC code, 400009489637, is printed on a sticker on the bottom of the product packaging. Recalled nightlights were sold exclusively at Walt Disney World ® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, Calif., Shop Disney Parks mobile app, and online at DisneyStore.com from July 2016 through November 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled nightlights and contact Walt Disney Parks and Resorts US, Inc. for instructions on returning them for a full refund. Recall Date: 02/02/2017
- Restoration Hardware Mirrors: Restoration Hardware is recalling its glass mirrors because the mirrors are not properly glued to the backing and the mirror can fall, posing a laceration hazard. This recall involves Restoration Hardware’s 18th Century Venetian style glass beveled mirrors. The recalled mirrors are antiqued silver with a wood backing and come in the following shapes and sizes. This recall only affects mirrors with a Hangman hanging system on the back. Mirrors with a production date after April 1, 2015 are included in this recall. The month and year of production (04/2015) are located on a green sticker affixed to the back of the mirrors. A complete list of recalled mirrors can be found here. Recalled mirrors were sold at Restorationhardware.com and Rhbabyandchild.com from April 2015 through May 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled mirrors and contact Restoration Hardware for a full refund. Recall Date: 02/02/2017
- Falafel King Tzatziki Sauce: Falafel King is notifying the public that its containers of Tzatziki Sauce made with sour cream contains milk, a known allergen. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. Falafel King Tzatziki Sauce is distributed to retail stores in certain areas of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Nebraska. Falafel King Tzatziki Sauce is sold in a 10 ounce plastic container with a black rimmed lid with the UPC #822986-70015-2 and a “Sell By” date printed on the top label. The old label on this product will have a “Sell By” date prior to 03/04/17. This Allergy Alert was initiated to protect the consumers after it was discovered that the Tzatziki Sauce made with sour cream was distributed in packaging that did not declare the presence of milk. Anyone with questions may contact the Falafel King Corporate office. Recall Date: 02/02/2017
- Ruth’s Original Pimento Spread: Ruth’s Salads is undertaking a recall of Ruth’s Original Pimento Spread in 7 ounce plastic containers. The product has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria Monocytogenes. The recalled product was distributed in grocery stores in NC, SC, GA, and parts of Virginia and Tennessee. Consumers who have purchased this 7 oz Ruth’s Original Pimento Spread with the Lot #16, Sell By Date 4/30/2017 are urged to return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund. Recall Date: 02/02/2017