According to the U.S. Environmental Agency (EPA), Fiat Chrysler allegedly concealed the installation of engine management software, a violation of the Clean Air Act, in certain Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Ram models with 3.0 diesel engines. Over 100,000 vehicles have reportedly been affected by the company’s failure to disclose emissions-cheating software, a serious violation of federal and state laws that can possibly result in the harmful pollution of the air we breathe.
What Vehicles are Affected?
Vehicles mentioned in the EPA’s notice include:
- 2014 FCA Dodge Ram 1500, EPA Test Group ECRXT03.05PV
- 2014 FCA Jeep Grand Cherokee, EPA Test Group ECRXT03.05PV
- 2015 FCA Dodge Ram 1500, EPA Test Group FCRXT03.05PV
- 2015 FCA Jeep Grand Cherokee, EPA Test Group FCRXT03.05PV
- 2016 FCA Dodge Ram 1500, EPA Test Group GCRXT03.05PV
- 2016 FCA Jeep Grand Cherokee, EPA Test Group GCRXT03.05PV
Vehicle manufacturers are required to demonstrate that their vehicles meet federal emissions standards and to disclose any software, often referred to as auxiliary emission control devices, that could potentially modify the air pollution a vehicle emits. Despite knowledge of mandatory disclosure, Fiat Chrysler allegedly did not reveal the existence of auxiliary emission control devices for the vehicles and model years stated above.
Affected Consumers May Be Eligible to Pursue Compensation
According to alleged violations against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. and FCA US LLC, the actions of the car manufacturer could constitute fraud and misrepresentation, breach of warranty, breach of contract and violations of various consumer protection laws.
Potential compensation may include:
- Costs incurred by owners, including loss of value, attributable to any wrongful conduct
- Refund of the purchase price paid for affected vehicles
- Damages related to violations of consumer protection acts
- Attorneys’ fees
Affected consumers are encouraged to speak with a Fiat Chrysler emissions lawsuit attorney to learn more about their rights and remedies against the auto makers.
The Time You Have to Pursue a Claim is Limited. Contact Us Today.
For more information, contact the Attorney Group. You can fill out the form on this page or contact us by phone or email.