Statistical research has indicated that a significant percentage of certain types of hip replacement devices reportedly fail within five years of the initial surgery, leading many patients in Mississippi and other states to wonder if their artificial hip is one of the recently recalled hip replacement devices in the news, or one of the hip replacements involved in lawsuits across the country.
Recalled Hip Replacements
- Biomet Mallory-Head (problems have also been reported in the M2a and Taperloc models)
- Exactech Metal liner of R3 Acetabular System and the Opteon devices
- Wright Medical Technology Conserve Plus and Profemur Z Hip Stem
- Zimmer Durom Acetabular and Mayo Hip
The FDA has also reported that the following devices have had reports of serious adverse effects and some have caused significant injury to patients.:
- Biomet M2a and Taperloc
- Centerpulse Orthadapt and Inter-Op
- Corin Cormet 2000
- DePuy AML, Pinnacle, Prodigy, S-ROM and Marathon
- Encore Orthopedics Foundation, Linear and Revelation
- Exactech Opteon
- Smith & Nephew Duo, IVS Tunneler, TriGen Hip Nail and Synergy. There have been a limited number of Birmingham Hip Resurfacing devices due to a packaging error, but they are still being sold.
- Stryker Exeter, Crossfire and Triden Hemispherical SH
- Wright Medical Technology Conserve Plus, Profemur Z Hip Stem, Perfecta, Dynasty and Metal Trascend
- Zimmer VerSys and Longevity
Do You Believe You Have a Recalled Hip Replacement?
Patients in Mississippi and other states should be informed as to what type of hip replacement device their doctor or surgeon is using. However, many patients may not recall or no longer have any documentation regarding their hip implant. Any patient who is not sure whether theirs is one of the recalled hip replacement devices should contact their doctor or hospital. Physicians may also have information on the recalls. Patients who are suffering from complications such as pain, swelling or difficulty walking should take action before it’s too late.
If you or a loved one have undergone a hip replacement and you believe your device is one of the recalled hip replacements, or you have suffered serious injury after receiving a hip replacement, contact Attorney Group for Mississippi today for a free consultation to determine whether you are able to file a lawsuit for compensation.