Reasons to File Mississippi Nexplanon Lawsuits
Nexplanon is a type of contraceptive implant. It is about the size of a match stick and it is placed in the skin of the patient’s inner-upper arm. Nexplanon helps prevent pregnancy for three years by releasing small amounts of etonogestrel, which is an artificial form of the female hormone progestin, helping to prevent ovulation. Nexplanon is a newer version of Implanon, though it contains barium sulfate and is also easier to implant. However, for all of its good intentions, Mississippi Nexplanon lawsuits have arisen.
Nexplanon is highly effective at preventing pregnancy. In fact, fewer than 1 in 100 women who use Nexplanon get pregnant. Despite the fact that this contraceptive is very effective, there have been a lot of concerns raised about it. Many people have filed Mississippi Nexplanon lawsuits because of the side effects that they have suffered.
Nexplanon Side Effects
- Back pain
- Mild stomach pain
- Breast pain
- Vaginal discharge
- Changes in menstrual periods
- Pain in the area where the implant was inserted
- Mild headache
- Mood changes
- Weight gain
- Flu-like symptoms, such as sore throat and muscle aches
The side effects above usually go away on their own without any medical treatment. People who attempt to file Mississippi Nexplanon lawsuits usually have experienced one or more of the following, more serious side effects:
- Sudden weakness on one side of the body. In some cases, this may be an indication of a stroke.
- Severe pain in the pelvic area. This pain may only occur on one side.
- Chest pain that radiates to the shoulder or arm.
- A breast lump: Breast lumps are not always a cause for concern, but anyone who develops a breast lump should see a doctor.
- Severe depression.
- Jaundice, which is a condition that causes the skin and eyes to yellow.
- Dangerously high blood pressure: High blood pressure can increase the risk of stroke and heart attack. In most cases, high blood pressure does not cause any symptoms. However, if a woman’s blood pressure is dangerously high, then she is likely to experience the following shortness of breath, seizures and irregular heartbeats. Some people may choose to file Mississippi Nexplanon lawsuits because they have dangerously high blood pressure.
- Blood clots: Blood clots are one of the most common reasons that people choose to file Mississippi Nexplanon lawsuits. Some studies suggest that Nexplanon may increase the risk of developing blood clots by up to 40%. Blood clots are a cause for concern because they can lead to a number of serious health conditions. Heart attacks, organ failure, stroke, pulmonary embolism and death can occur if the blood clot breaks loose.
Studies On Blood Clot Formation
There was a Danish study that followed women who were between the ages of 15 and 49 between 2001 and 2010. None of them women were pregnant and did not have a history of cancer or blood clots. The researchers found that subcutaneous implants, such as Nexplanon, can increase the risk of blood clots by 40 percent. A blood clot can change a person’s life for the worst, which is why people who have suffered one after using this implant should file Mississippi Nexplanon lawsuits.
Interested In Filling Mississippi Nexplanon Lawsuits?
If you or someone you know is interested in filing Mississippi Nexplanon lawsuits, then you should contact Attorney Group for Mississippi. Attorney Group for Mississippi will review your case carefully during a free consultation in order to determine whether you are eligible for compensation. There are a lot of factors that determine whether people who file for Mississippi Nexplanon lawsuits are eligible for compensation, so contact us today.