If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a car accident that happened due to recklessness or negligence, it’s important to avoid making the following mistakes in case the accident goes to court. Contact Attorney Group for Tennessee if you have questions or concerns after being involved in an accident. We can help answer your questions and connect you with a Tennessee car wreck lawyer if you wish to pursue a claim.
1. Not visiting your doctor. Although you may be stressed for many reasons following a car accident, it’s important to make time to visit your healthcare provider for a complete physical. He or she can provide evidence of your condition, treatment, and expenses if you decide to pursue a claim at a later date.
2. Failing to obtain contact information and photographic evidence. Write down the other party’s contact information as well as the names and phone numbers of witnesses. Always take pictures of everything you see, including the accident site, injuries, and cars.
3. Using social media networks as a journal. Whether you caused the accident or you believe that it was the other party’s fault, don’t incriminate yourself by admitting that you should be responsible for the damages incurred or anything else that could be twisted and used against you. The other party’s insurance company or lawyers could find this information and use it against you.
4. Not using the police report to your advantage. The police report will state the people involved, what happened, the injuries sustained, and other pertinent information that you can use to prove your case and help to prove fault if you believe that the other driver was responsible.
5. Avoiding your insurance provider. Many people fail to report accidents simply because they don’t want an increased premium, especially if the damages are minimal. However, it’s important to discuss the accident with your provider so that they can pay out the benefits under your policy.
6. Failing to stay calm, cool, and collected at all times. It is natural to want to lash out, scream, or act uncontrollably after you have been involved in a car accident. However, it’s important to keep your composure until after the police report is filed and you and the other party have separated ways.
7. Failing to negotiate for a better settlement. A Tennessee car wreck lawyer can help you to determine whether the settlement offer you receive is fair. In some cases, providers may lowball payments to protect their bottom lines. However, if you accept this payment, you will forfeit your right to recover damages for your injuries in the future.
A Tennessee Car Wreck Lawyer Can Help
If you are unsure whether you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages or injuries, contact Attorney Group for Tennessee today for more information. The consultation is free, and we can put you in touch with an affiliated Tennessee car wreck lawyer if we find that you have a case. You may be able to seek damages for your injuries, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. Call today.