Georgia ATV Accident Lawyers
All-terrain vehicles (ATV) and four-wheelers, also called quads, are very popular recreational vehicles, used while hunting and camping, and even in town just for fun. Unfortunately, they are dangerous by their very nature, and their popularity with teenagers and younger children poses a great hazard to youths in Georgia. These vehicles are lacking in safety measures, such as safety rails and airbags, and they’re very prone to rollovers. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has released statistics demonstrating that approximately 100,000 yearly visits to the ER are due to injuries from ATVs, and a quarter of these ATV-related injuries are sustained by children younger than 16 years of age. If your child has been injured in an ATV accident, experienced Georgia ATV accident lawyers can help.
Factors contributing to ATV accidents fall under either equipment failure or the actions of the operator. Common situations and factors that Georgia ATV accident lawyers have seen lead to ATV accidents include the following:
- Tire blow-outs
- Reckless or dangerous driving
- Operating the ATV in unsafe areas and roadways
- Brake failure
- Stuck accelerators
- Operating the ATV under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Operating the ATV without training
- Underage drivers
- Overloading the ATV
Injuries sustained from these types of accidents can be severe and life-altering. Some examples include:
- Bone fractures
- Brain injury
- Burn injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck Injury
- Crush Injury
- Severed and amputated limbs
Personal injury and products liability law protects victims of ATV-related accidents whose injuries are due to the reckless behavior or negligence of another individual or company. If you or a loved one has suffered harm in this manner, you may be eligible for compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering and other relevant damages through the hard work of experienced Georgia ATV accident lawyers.
These claims are typically handled through insurance companies. However, there are many situations where Georgia ATV accident lawyers, skilled in handling ATV accident cases, are advisable. Bear in mind, the insurance company doesn’t represent you. Their adjusters are motivated to keep the claims and payouts to a minimum. Therefore, they are not operating with your best interests at heart.
If you have sustained harm from an ATV accident, you may be entitled to the following compensation:
- Medical bills, including future expenses for long-term medical conditions
- Income loss due to your injuries
- Property damage
- Emotional and psychological pain
If the insurance company balks at compensating you fully for these damages or consistently prolongs and delays the settlement of your claim, it’s time to retain skilled Georgia ATV accident lawyers who protect your rights and fight to get you fair and just compensation.
How Georgia ATV Accident Lawyers Can Help
Determining the cause of an ATV accident can be difficult and time-consuming, making these personal injury cases very complicated. Georgia ATV accident lawyers who specialize in this area can help you navigate this complex procedure, conduct a thorough investigation, review the available evidence and pursue the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Your Georgia ATV accident lawyers can provide many of the following services to pursue justice for you and your loved ones, should you be eligible for representation:
- Free initial consultation to review your circumstances and determine if you have a valid personal injury claim for your ATV accident
- Individual representation, developed for your specific circumstances
- Guidance through and explanation of the process
- Updates on the progress of your case
- Thorough investigation of your claim
- Witness interviews and witness statements reviews
- Police report reviews
- Maintenance record evaluation
- Wreckage evaluation
- Utilization of accident scene reconstructionists
- Utilization of medical expert services and testimony
If you or any of your loved ones are the victims of ATV accident injuries, contact the knowledgeable Georgia ATV accident lawyers affiliated with the Georgia Injury Attorney Group for a fair and honest assessment of your situation.