Patient reports of injuries and severe complications following hip implant surgery in Mississippi and other states have prompted hip replacement recalls, as well as lawsuits that allege the device makers’ products were defective. Mississippi metal-on-metal hip replacement attorneys note five hip replacement recalls and the device makers, which are listed below.
If you have suffered complications after a metal-on-metal hip replacement, contact Attorney Group for Mississippi to learn more about your options. We offer free, confidential, no-obligation consultations. We can answer your questions, and if you wish to pursue a claim, we can connect you with an affiliated metal-on-metal hip replacement attorney.
5 Recalls Patients Should Know About
Metal-on-metal hip attorneys note the following five current or former hip replacement recalls and device makers:
- Zimmer – Zimmer issued a recall of the Durom Cup, sometimes also known as the Durom Acetabular Component. The recall was eventually lifted, although claims have still been brought against the company.
- Wright Medical Technology – Wright issued a recall for its entire Conserve line of hip implants. This recall encompasses numerous metal-on-metal hip replacement systems.
- Stryker Orthopaedics – The ABG II and Rejuvenate hip replacement systems by Stryker are noteworthy for their interlocking neck and stem components. Reported corrosion and fretting on these devices led to a recall.
- Smith & Nephew – Smith & Nephew issued a recall for the R3 Acetabular metal liner, a component made of high carbide cobalt chrome.
- DePuy Orthopaedics – The recall issued by DePuy Orthopaedics involved the entire ASR line of products. Side effects reported with these products include allergic reactions and cobalt poisoning.
Injured Patients May Be Entitled to Compensation
Medical device makers have a duty to provide safe products. If they breach this duty, they can be held liable if a patient is injured. Patients who suffer complications after hip replacement surgery may be entitled to compensation for their injuries, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Loss of income
- Loss of ability to work
Contact Us For More Information
If you or a loved one suffered complications after a metal-on-metal hip replacement, contact Attorney Group for Mississippi for more information. You can fill out the form on this page, call us at the number listed at the top of the page, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you contact us, an attorney will follow up with you to speak with you about your case or answer questions that you might have. There is no cost or obligation to speak with us, and any information you provide will be kept confidential.
Please note that the law limits the time you have to pursue a claim for an injury. If you think you have a case, you should not delay taking action.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information, and contact Attorney Group for Mississippi today.