Lawn Mower Accident
It is estimated that over 70,000 people are seen in the emergency room who are involved with lawn mower accidents each year, according to Consumer Product Safety Commission. Riding lawn mowers account for about 20,000 of those accidents and over 600 children suffer from amputations of hands, fingers and limbs due to lawn mower injuries. Lawn mowers can be hazardous machines causing severe injuries to its victims, many being children. There are many causes of lawn mower accidents. These can include defective design or manufacturing, user negligence, failure to adequately service and improper maintenance of lawn mowers.
Ever notice how dangerous some things are?
… Well, sometimes it’s not so obvious
Common Defects of Lawn Mowers
- Defects in design
- Defects in manufacturing
- Poor warning and safety labels
- Defects that cause lawn mowers to tip over too easily
- Parts that are easily breakable
- Failure to provide adequate instructions
- Fuel leaks due to faulty fuel system
- Blades that are defective
Defects by manufacturing can mean traumatic injuries.
Manufacturers are obligated to make safe products. As a way to decrease manufacturing costs, some companies do not provide adequate safety devices that reduce the risk of injuries.
Safety Precautions to Help Prevent Lawn Mower Injuries
In order to decrease the chance of accidents while using a lawn mower, it is important to use extreme caution. The following are important safety precautions lawn mowers should take.
- Do not let another person ride on the lawn mower.
- Do not start the mower when others are on the lawn.
- Make sure all parts are in proper working order and inspect your lawn mower before each use.
- Be sure that you are physically able to handle the lawn mower every time you set out to use it.
- Before the initial use of your lawn mower, be sure to carefully read the entire user manual.
- Do not wear long or loose clothing or jewelry that could get caught in the mower.
- Be very careful while putting gasoline in the mower.
- Do not drive the lawn mower backwards and never pull the machine; always push the mower.
- Never leave a lawn mower unattended.
If you have suffered a lawn mower injury because of an accident or malfunction, contact Attorney Group for Alabama. With the help of our experienced lawyers, you can have a successful case.
Common Lawn Mower Injuries:
- Amputations of extremities
- Burn Injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Crush Injuries
- Serious cuts and lacerations
- Eye trauma
- Nerve damage and/or paralysis
- Lawn mower fatalities
Recovering Damages from Lawn Mower Accidents
Defective products fall under the law called product liability. You can make a product liability claim against the manufacturer if their product is harmful by itself or if a product is harmful because of mistakes in production. However, in order to successfully win your claim, you have to know the complexities involved in proving your case as well as knowing all possible defendants that can be used against you by the manufacturer. Attorney Group for Alabama will make sure you are fully prepared so those responsible cannot get their liability waived for any reason. Our lawyers will help you to quickly recover financially from a defective product accident.