See Our Full DirectorySearch Claims
A Texas personal injury attorney of Texas Attorney Group are committed to vindicating and protecting the rights of those who are severely injured due to the negligence of others. Our attorneys have had success in handling all types of accident and injury matters, including but not limited to the following:
- Personal injury lawsuits come about when people suffer an injury because of an intentional act or carelessness of others. When someone is found to be legally responsible for hurting someone else, they can be held liable and may have to provide compensation for the victim.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect lawsuits commonly include wandering, bed sores and/or pressure ulcers, physical or sexual abuse, falls within nursing homes, chemical or physical restraints, malnutrition or dehydration, burns, choking, among other personal injuries.
- Medical malpractice lawsuits happen when patients are hurt or killed because of the intentional acts or carelessness of a doctor or other healthcare personnel. These usually involve medical errors, birth injuries, medication errors, surgical errors, misdiagnosis, misread x-rays or tests, adverse drug reactions, and failure of a medical device.
- Wrongful death refers to a death that was caused because of another person. Examples include deaths by a drunk driver, a defective or dangerous product, or failure to diagnose a disease that was fatal, which could all possibly be considered “wrongful deaths” under the law.
- Vehicle accidents. Every driver has the responsibility for the safety of anyone else on the road. If a driver is negligent or careless and that behavior leads to the personal injury or even the death of another person, that driver has to be held accountable.
How a Texas Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
When negligence results in injury, an injured party suffers loss in various ways. The law allows an injured party to pursue damages to recover those losses. Common types of damages recoverable in a personal injury case include:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Loss of ability to earn
- Scarring and disfigurement
The families of those who have died may be eligible to recover money for funeral expenses and the pain that comes with losing a loved one.
If the actions causing injury are malicious or so reckless that intent to harm can be inferred, the responsible party can be liable for punitive damages to punish wrongful conduct and deter similar conduct in the future.
Victims of negligence and their families are encouraged to seek the counsel of a personal injury attorney to learn more about their rights and remedies.