See Our Product DirectorySearch Products
Products Liability – Defective Products
Thousands of people in the United States suffer injuries due to defective products each year. Fortunately, product liability law holds accountable those companies or individuals responsible for those injuries when their defective products are the cause. Cases involving product liability are often complex and require skilled product liability lawyers to successfully handle product defect claims. If you or someone you love has been injured as a result of a defective product, you may qualify to receive monetary compensation from either the seller or the manufacturer. Attorney Group for Florida can match you with an experienced Florida product liability attorney who will determine if you have a valid case to file for financial compensation to cover your damages so you can focus on making a recovery from your injuries.
Products Liability Law
Products liability law holds responsible those parties involved in the designing, manufacturing and distributing of products that cause injuries because of their defects. The fault can be found not only in the manufacturer, but also the assemblers, retailers, suppliers, testing labs, or repairers. These types of claims can be based on breach of warranty, strict liability, negligence and a variety of protection claims for consumers. To have a successful products liability case, it has to be proven that the product is in fact defective, which can often be a difficult task; thus, it is crucial to have a skilled Florida product liability attorney on your side who has the knowledge and resources to have a successful case. There are normally three kinds of product defects that could deem suppliers and manufacturers responsible:
- Defects in design: When flaws in which the design was intended causes it to pose unreasonable dangers to its users.
- Defects in manufacturing: When products do not conform to certain specifications of the design or manufacturer.
- Defects in marketing: When products have improper labels, inadequate instructions, or lack proper warnings about possible dangers.
If you have suffered injury because of a defective product, some important tips to follow include:
- Save the product or any paperwork and packaging that came with it in a safe place.
- Gather as much product information as possible such as the manufacturer’s name as well as the name of the model and model number, where you purchased it and the date of purchase and the serial number.
- Gather as much contact information from any witnesses that were present, their name, phone numbers and address.
- Only discuss your case with a Florida product liability attorney.
How a Florida Product Liability Attorney Can Help
Product makers have a duty to provide safe products. If there are risks of harm associated with their products, they also must provide adequate warnings. If a product maker fails to fulfill this duty, it could be held liable in lawsuits for injuries that may result.
People injured by the fault of others may be eligible to recover money for:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
The families of those killed may be eligible to recover money for funeral expenses and the pain that comes with losing a loved one.