A car accident can permanently alter your life in an instant. Many times, it is not until after the wreckage has cleared that you truly realize the extent of any damages. Accident victims can be crippled by physical and emotional suffering, continuous medical bills and loss of income. Fortunately, if you are a victim of a recent auto accident, contact Florida Attorney Group so that we can match you with experienced Florida Car Accident Lawyers. Our member attorneys have the invaluable skills and dedication to help pick up the pieces. When accidents happen, it is our experience that recovery of a victim is often hindered by the devastating financial consequences. Our affiliated attorneys will work vigorously towards getting financial support to cover your medical bills, to get your property replaced or repaired, and your pain and suffering sufficiently compensated. Hiring an experienced lawyer for skilled legal representation to defend your best interests will give you the time necessary to focus on recovering from your accident.
Steps to Protect Yourself Following an Accident
There are many important steps to take to protect yourself following an accident. A car accident can be one of the most terrifying incidents a person can experience. If you are involved in an accident, there are steps you can take immediately after an accident that can be beneficial to you later on. To help make sure your rights are protected, follow the steps below:
- Contact the police. Let them know of any vehicles and passengers that are involved. Try not to panic and follow the advice the emergency dispatch recommends.
- Get medical attention even if you think you are okay. Save all documents of any medical care you received, including any visits following the initial visit.
- Get a copy of the police report after you make sure an accurate report was taken and that it includes the statement that you provided. Do not admit any fault of your own.
- Gather important contact information from all people involved in the accident as well as any witnesses. Also get names and badge numbers of all police officers who handled your case.
- If at all possible, take plenty of pictures of the accident scene including the surrounding area while focusing on anything that might have contributed to the accident.
- Contact experienced Florida Car Accident Lawyers before providing any statement to the other party or their insurance company.
Contact Florida Car Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, our member Florida Car Accident Lawyers are here to help. You will be informed of your legal rights and advised on what to do next so that you receive the best possible outcomes in your accident case.