See Our Full DirectorySearch Claims
Personal Injury Cases
“Personal injury” can encompass a broad range of accidents and injuries such as dog bites, slips and falls, automobile accidents, airplane crashes, and defective products like drugs, hip replacement implants, transvaginal mesh, vehicles, and more. If a person sustains an injury due to the fault or negligence of another, he or she may consider seeking legal counsel from a Kansas personal injury attorney to learn more about pursuing a claim for compensation.
- A Kansas personal injury attorney can help victims of injuries in the following kinds of personal injury or product liability cases:
- Premises liability if there are dangerous conditions on another party’s property that causes the victim to sustain a serious or permanent injury. If a property owner is aware of the possible dangers of his or her building or surroundings and fails to adequately provide sufficient security or fix a hazard, he or she may be held responsible.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents that occur due to driver neglect or inattention. If drivers speed, act with aggression or fail to adhere to the regulations of the road, they may be responsible for any damages or accidents that they cause as a result of their misconduct.
- Car accidents involving semi trucks, motorcycles, or other passenger vehicles that occur due to the fault of another party. Automobile wrecks can be tricky because there may be more than one party responsible for the damages caused, including the driver, the manufacturer of the vehicle or parts, or even the mechanic who inspected the vehicle.
- Wrongful death claims filed on behalf of surviving family members. These lawsuits can help to provide compensation for the unnecessary death of a loved one that occurred due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another party. Possible forms of compensation include funeral or burial expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
How a Kansas Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
If a victim suffers a personal injury caused by the wrongdoing or negligence of another party, he or she may be entitled to compensation for damages resulting from their injuries, including:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income or ability to work
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish resulting from an injury
The families of those who have died may be eligible to recover money for funeral expenses and the pain that comes with losing a loved one.
People who have been injured due to another’s negligence are advised to seek the advice of a Kansas personal injury attorney to help them protect their legal rights.