This week saw a recall on scarves, recalls on t-shirts, recalls on children’s loungewear, recalls on apple products, recalls on mattresses, recalls on kids trapeze rings, recalls on French toast, recalls on golf GPS bands, recalls on children’s bat cape costumes, recalls on fish, recalls on chicken nuggets, and recalls on butter cookies. Details are below, courtesy of cpsc.gov and recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of April 04, 2016:
- Ivanka Trump Scarves Recall: This recall involves two styles of Ivanka Trump-branded scarves, Beach Wave, in blue, coral and yellow; and Brushstroke Oblong, in blue, red, neutral and green. The scarves do not meet the federal flammability standards for clothing textiles, posing a burn risk. Both scarves are 76 inches long by 24 inches wide. Scarves are 100 percent rayon with a machine-rolled hem. A black label with “IVANKA TRUMP” embroidered in silver is sewn on the edge of the scarves. The scarves were sold at Century 21, Lord & Taylor, Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Stein Mart retail stores nationwide, and online at amazon.com and loehmanns.com from October 2014 through January 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled scarves and return them to the place where purchased for a full refund. Consumers who purchased the scarves online will be contacted directly by online retailers with return instructions. Recall Date: 04/06/2016
- Givenchy Men’s Silk T-Shirts Recall: Givenchy is recalling three styles of Givenchy-branded 100% silk T-shirts for men. The T-shirts fail to meet the federal flammability standard for wearing apparel and pose a risk of burn injury to consumers. The short-sleeve T-shirts are sheer and were sold in blue and black plaid, black and white stripes and black with an image of Jesus on the cross. They were sold in sizes XXS through L. The style number 16J7127135, 16J6218886 or 16J7205877 is printed on a tag sewn into the side seam. The t-shirts were sold at Barneys New York, Givenchy Boutiques, Maxfield and Forward, Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom stores nationwide from February 2016 through March 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled T-shirts and return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Givenchy is directly contacting consumers who bought the recalled T-shirts. Recall Date: 04/05/2016
- Eleanor Rose Children’s Loungewear Recall: This recall involves two different styles of Eleanor Rose loungewear, including a girl’s gown and a boy or girl’s top and pants set. The loungewear fails to meet federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children. The loungewear was sold in sizes 12 months through size 12. “Eleanor Rose” is printed on a tag sewn into the neck of the garments and on the back outside of the pants. The style number is on a tag sewn into the side seam or inside the back of the pants. The recalled loungewear style names and numbers may be found here. The products were sold online at www.eleanorrose.com from November 2014 through February 2016. Consumers should immediately take the recalled loungewear away from children and return it to Eleanor Rose for a merchandise credit towards the purchase of another Eleanor Rose product. Recall Date: 04/05/2016
- Fresh From Texas Apple Products Recall: Fresh from Texas is voluntarily recalling multiple products containing sliced red apples because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria Monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. The product was sold by H-E-B stores in Texas. The details of the products and production lots affected may be found here. Customers who purchased the product can return the product to the store for a full refund. Recall Date: 04/05/2016
- Nipoamerican Mattresses Recall: Nipoamerican Inc. is recalling all models and sizes of Niposul and NipoFlorida Elegance, Elegance Gold, and Evolution mattresses. All Niposul and NipoFlorida Elegance, Elegance Gold, and Evolution mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal open flame standard for mattresses. The Elegance and Evolution mattresses are white and the Elegance Gold mattresses are white with black sides. NIPOBRASILEIRA and ORIENTAL J2000 are embroidered on the side of the mattress. The recalled products were sold at Niposul stores in Massachusetts and NipoFlorida stores in Florida from July 2014 through October 2015. Consumers should contact Niposul or NipoFlorida for free mattress covers to bring the mattress into compliance with the federal standard and protect consumers from a fire. Recall Date: 04/06/2016
- Rainbow Play Systems Plastic Yellow Trapeze Rings Recall: Rainbow Play Systems is reannouncing a recall of its yellow plastic trapeze rings. They are triangular in shape with rounded sides and have a loop at the top. The rings can unexpectedly crack or break during use, posing a fall hazard to children. They measure about 8½ inches high by 6½ inches wide. The yellow rings come as a pair and were connected to a trapeze bar. They were sold either as a separate component or as an attachment on the following Rainbow®-branded residential wooden playsets: All-American, Backyard Circus, Carnival, Fiesta, King Kong, Monster, Sunray, Sunshine and Rainbow. All of these playsets have an aluminum plate located on the front of the wooden swing beam with the following name stamped on it, “Playgrounds America,” “Rainbow Play Systems Inc.,” or “Sunray Premium Playgrounds.” The recalled products were sold at Rainbow dealers nationwide from January 2007 through December 2011 and at several mass merchandisers including Sam’s Club, Toys R Us and Walmart from January 2009 through December 2009. Consumers should immediately stop children from using the recalled rings, contact Rainbow for ring removal instructions, then remove the rings from the playset. Recall Date: 04/07/2016
- Granna’s French Toast Recall: Granna’s LLC is voluntarily recalling packages of item number 808 French toast that may contain an undeclared milk allergen. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product. The product was distributed in Oklahoma through senior nutritional sites by home delivery. The affected product, #808 French toast, was labeled without milk ingredient in the ingredient statement. Granna’s #808 French toast with diced potatoes and mandarin oranges is a frozen dinner packaged in a black, three compartment heat sealed tray, with label located on top. Best by dates are printed on each label. Only the misprinted packages of #808 French Toast, with best by dates of 04/05/2016 to 04/05/2017, are included in this recall. No other Granna’s products are affected. Consumers would have received the mislabeled product between April 2015 and April 2016. Affected packages should be discarded or returned to the place of purchase for a refund. Recall Date: 04/06/2016
- GolfBuddy GPS Bands Recall: Deca International Corp. is recalling its GolfBuddy BB5 golf GPS LED bands. The band is a wearable GPS unit that operates as a pedometer, distance monitor and watch and comes preloaded with golf course information. The band charging ports can produce an electrical charge to exposed skin, posing a burn hazard to consumers. It is made of plastic with a stainless steel casing, has a LED display screen and a two-pronged connector at the end for closure. The display screen is flush with the top side of the band and has four buttons on the perimeter of the band. The wristband is about one inch wide and comes in black with interchangeable wristbands in large and small sizes and in the colors lime, navy and orange. GolfBuddy is molded on the outer part of the band. The model BB5 is on the back of the recalled unit below the charging port. Recalled units do not have a yellow round sticker on the front and on the packaging. The recalled products were sold at PGA Tour Superstore, The Golfer’s Warehouse, Worldwide Golf Shops and other authorized golf dealers nationwide and online at amazon.com and golfbuddyglobal.com from April 2015 through January 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled golf wristbands and contact GolfBuddy for instructions on how to update the unit with the latest firmware, also available on the firm’s website. Recall Date: 04/07/2016
- IKEA Children’s Bat Cape Costumes Recall: This recall involves IKEA children’s bat cape costumes. The fabric hook and loop fastener at the neck of the bat cape can fail to detach readily during use, posing a strangulation hazard to children. The capes are black with gray stripes, 100% polyester, measure 30 inches long by 57 inches wide and have a fabric hook and loop fastener closure at the neck. IKEA, LATTJO and numbers 60311650 and 18937 are printed on a white label sewn into the seam of the cape. The costumes were sold at IKEA stores nationwide and online at www.ikea-usa.com from November 2015 through February 2016. Consumers should immediately take the recalled bat capes away from children and return the capes to any IKEA store for a full refund. Recall Date: 04/07/2016
- Michel Et Augustin Chocolate Butter Cookies Recall: Michel et Augustin Inc. of Brooklyn, NY, is recalling approximately 900 packages of its Petites baguettes butter cookies Dark Chocolate, 6 packs only, because they may contain undeclared hazelnuts. People who have an allergy to hazelnuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product. Michel et Augustin Petites baguettes butter cookies Dark Chocolate were distributed to retail stores throughout New York City. The product is packaged in a sealed polypropylene film inside a cardboard box (6 cookies per box), NET WT. 1.58 oz., UPC 812668020166, with a Best before date 07 2016 (located on back of the package). Consumers who have purchased Michel et Augustin Petites baguettes butter cookies Dark Chocolate, 6 packs, with Best before date 07 2016 and are allergic to hazelnuts should not consume this product. Consumers are urged to return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund. Recall Date: 04/07/2016
- Pilgrim’s Pride Chicken Nuggets Recall: Pilgrim’s Pride Corp. is recalling approximately 40,780 pounds of fully cooked chicken nugget products that may be contaminated with extraneous plastic materials. The fully cooked chicken nugget products were produced on Oct. 5, 2015. The products subject to this recall are: 20-lb. cardboard boxes containing two, 10-lb. clear plastic bags of fully cooked chicken nuggets labeled as “GOLD KIST FARMS Fully Cooked Whole Grain Popcorn Style Chicken Patty Fritters.” The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. P-20728” inside the USDA mark of inspection and include package codes 5278105021, 5278105022, 5278105023, 5278105000, and 5278105001. These items were shipped for institutional use to Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase. Recall Date: 04/07/2016
- WD Dried Yellow Fish Recall: WD Import and Export Inc., NY, is recalling its bulk unlabeled cardboard boxes of Dried Yellow Fish because it has the potential to be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum, a bacterium which can cause life threatening illness or death. Consumers are warned not to use the product even if it does not look or smell spoiled. The Dried Yellow Fish was sold in bulk unlabeled and un-coded cardboard boxes and is a product of China. The product was sold in retail stores in New York City. Consumers who have purchased the Dried Fish are advised not to eat it, but should return it to the place of purchase. Recall Date: 04/04/2016