This week saw a recall on Polaris ROVs, recalls on IKEA chest and dressers, recalls on poultry products, recalls on children’s nightgowns, recalls on IKEA chocolate bars, and recalls on Nature Valley snack bars. Details are below, courtesy of cpsc.gov and recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of June 27, 2016:
- Polaris Ranger ROVs Recall: This recall involves 2015 and 2016 model year Polaris Ranger 570 recreational off-highway vehicles (ROVs). The ROVs can overheat during heavy engine loading, slow-speed intermittent use and/or high outdoor temperatures and catch fire. They have either two or four seats and a rear box. “Ranger” is printed on the rear box and “570” is printed on the hood. “Polaris” is stamped onto the front grill. The ROVs were sold in several colors. The models included in the recall may be found here. The recalled products were sold at Polaris dealers nationwide from August 2014 through June 2016. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled ROVs and contact Polaris to schedule a free repair. Polaris is contacting all known purchasers directly. Recall Date: 06/28/2016
- IKEA Chests and Dressers Recall: The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), in cooperation with IKEA North America, of Conshohocken, Pa., is announcing the recall of all chests and dressers that do not comply with the performance requirements of the U.S. voluntary industry standard (ASTM F2057-14). The recalled chests and dressers are unstable if they are not properly anchored to the wall, posing a serious tip-over and entrapment hazard that can result in death or injuries to children. The recalled children’s chests and dressers are taller than 23.5 inches and adult chests and dressers are taller than 29.5 inches. The 29 million units of recalled chests and dressers include: MALM 3-drawer, 4-drawer, 5-drawer and three 6-drawer models and other children’s and adult chests and dressers. The recalled chests and dressers are unstable if they are not properly anchored to the wall, posing a serious tip-over and entrapment hazard that can result in death or serious injuries to children. The MALM chests and dressers are constructed of particleboard or fiberboard and are white, birch (veneer), medium brown, black-brown, white stained oak (veneer), oak (veneer), pink, turquoise, grey, grey-turquoise, lilac, green, brown stained ash (veneer), and black. A 5-digit supplier number, 4-digit date stamp, IKEA logo, country of origin and “MALM” are printed on the underside of the top panel or inside the side panel. The recalled MALM chests were sold from 2002 through June 2016. A full list of the recalled items may be found here. CPSC and IKEA are urging consumers to inspect their recalled IKEA chests and dressers to ensure that they are properly anchored to the wall. Chests and dressers should be properly anchored to the wall whether or not they meet the ASTM standard. Consumers should move any unanchored chests and dressers into storage or other areas where they cannot be accessed by children until the chests and dressers are properly anchored to the wall or removed from the home. To receive a refund or free wall-anchoring kit for IKEA chests and dressers listed above, visit an IKEA retail store, go to www.IKEA-USA.com/recallchestsanddressers, or call 866-856-4532 anytime. Recall Date: 06/28/2016
- Ghiringhelli Specialty Foods Poultry Products Recall: Ghiringhelli Specialty Foods, Inc., a Vallejo, Calif., establishment, is recalling approximately 2,444 pounds of poultry products due to mislabeling and undeclared allergens. The products contain soy, wheat, and fish (anchovies), known allergens which are not declared on the product label. Additionally, the Caesar Salad products usually have the statement “May Contain Traces of Shellfish.” This statement is missing on the recalled products. The chicken Caesar Salad items were produced on June 22, 2016. The product subject to recall is 9 oz. Plastic clamshell with clear lid containers of “TRADER GIOTTO’S CAESAR SALAD WITH CHICKEN BREAST” bearing plant number P-17156 and “USE BY 06/25” on the label. The products subject to recall bear establishment number “P-17156” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations in California, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington State. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase. Recall Date: 06/26/2016
- Saro Trading Children’s Nightgowns Recall: This recall involves five styles of children’s nightgowns manufactured by Saro Trading. The nightgowns fail to meet federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children. The 100% white cotton nightgowns have “Taleen” printed on the neck label. These nightgowns are embroidered with either eyelet trimming, ribbons on the chest, or buttons on the center front of the garment. The nightgowns were sold at Francie Hargrove Interior Designs, Georges Girls Luxe Sleep and Nichols stores nationwide, and online at http://www.sarostore.com/ and http://fennco.com/en/ from February 2012 through April 2016. Consumers should immediately take the recalled nightgowns away from children and contact the firm for instructions on receiving a full refund. Recall Date: 06/29/2016
- Nature Valley Chewy and Simple Nut Bars Recall: General Mills announced a voluntary national recall of four specific flavors of Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bars and Nature Valley Simple Nut Bars. The recall is being issued as part of sunflower kernel supplier SunOpta’s ongoing national recall for the potential presence of Listeria monocytogenes. The four flavors of Nature Valley bars that are part of the recall were distributed to retail establishments throughout the United States. Consumers are asked to check their pantries and dispose of the products affected by this recall, regardless of when they were purchased or what date is on the package. A full list of the recalled products may be found here. Recall Date: 06/24/2016
- IKEA Dark Chocolate Bars Recall: IKEA is recalling its CHOKLAD MÖRK UPC Code 100293927003 and CHOKLAD MÖRK 70% UPC Code 1203080940009 Dark Chocolate Bars, Net Wt. 3.5 oz. due to undeclared Milk, Hazelnuts and Almonds. IKEA had samples of the dark chocolate bars analyzed and found them to contain milk, hazelnut and almond. Persons allergic to milk, hazelnuts and/or almonds may have a severe to life-threatening reaction after consuming the dark chocolate. The products have been distributed Nationwide at IKEA retail stores and sold individually. There has been no complaints or reported incidents in the United States to date. IKEA of Sweden has had one reported complaint in Japan. The dark chocolate bars do carry an advisory statement, which identifies that the dark chocolate may contain milk and tree nuts. Consumers are encouraged to return the affected products to the nearest IKEA store for a full refund, proof of purchase is not required. Recall Date: 06/24/2016