This week saw a recall on laptop battery packs, recalls on CompuTrainer flywheels, recalls on chicken salad, recalls on pistachios, and recalls on Gerber baby food. Details are below, courtesy of cpsc.gov and recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of March 21, 2016:
- Panasonic Laptop Battery Packs Recall: This recall involves Panasonic six-cell lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery packs sold in Panasonic CF-S10 Series laptop computers. Conductive foreign material was mixed into the battery cells during manufacturing, posing a risk of fire. “Panasonic” and “CF-S10” are on the surface of the laptop on the left side below the keyboard. Battery packs with the following model numbers and production lot numbers are being recalled: CF-VZSU61U; CF-VZSU61R and with lot numbers: BAW, BBX, BC, C1, AND C2. The model number and lot number are located on the battery pack nameplate. The recalled items were sold at Panasonic dealers from December 2011 through August 2013. Consumers should immediately stop using the laptop computer with the recalled battery, power off the device, remove the battery pack and contact Panasonic for a free replacement battery pack. Recall Date: 03/21/2016
- RacerMate CompuTrainer Blue Flywheels Recall: RacerMate Inc. is recalling its blue CompuTrainer Flywheels manufactured before 2008. The CompuTrainer Flywheels are used to make bicycles stationary for indoor training. The blue flywheel can shatter while in use and throw metal pieces into the air. This poses a risk of injury from impact to the rider and any bystanders. The blue flywheel is a die casting made of zinc. It measures 4.75 inches in diameter and weighs 1.1 pounds. Flywheels manufactured after 2008 are silver in color, and are not included in this recall. The recalled products were sold at RacerMate and bicycle stores nationwide from November 1997 through November 2008. Consumers should immediately stop using and remove the recalled blue flywheels. Consumers can contact RacerMate for instructions on receiving a free, silver replacement flywheel. Recall Date: 03/18/2016
- Freshology Chicken Salad Products Recall: Freshology, Inc. is recalling approximately 111 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken salad products due to misbranding and an undeclared allergen. The ranch salad dressing included with the product contains egg, a known allergen, which is not declared on the finished product label. The Southwest chicken salad items were produced on March 18, 2016. The following products are subject to recall: 12 oz. plastic tray packages containing ready-to-eat “Freshology Southwest Chicken Salad” with an “EAT BY” date of 03/25/2016. The products subject to recall bear establishment number “P-51168” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to food service locations in California. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase. Recall Date: 03/22/2016
- American Gourmet Pistachios Recall: American Gourmet is recalling American Gourmet Roasted/Salted Pistachios because they may be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. The products were distributed in San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties in the state of California through retail stores and can only be identified by Best by Dates found on the lower bottom panel of the package. This and other packaging details may be found here. Consumers should return American Gourmet Roasted/Salted Pistachios with expiration dates from 11.5.16 through 3.13.17 to the retail store purchased from for a full refund. Recall Date: 03/23/2016
- Gerber Organic 2nd FOODS Pouches Recall: Gerber Products Company is voluntarily recalling specific Organic pouch products after identifying a packaging defect that may result in product spoilage during transport and handling. Gerber is working to retrieve from retailers and online stores the remaining pouches from the four affected batches of GERBER® Organic 2ND FOOD pouches that fail to meet their quality standards. Gerber is offering replacement coupons for consumers who purchased the following products: GERBER® Organic 2ND FOODS® Pouches –Pears, Carrots & Peas, 3.5 ounce pouch UPC 15000074319 with Best By dates/batch codes: 12JUL2016 51945335XX and 13JUL 2016 51955335XX; and GERBER® Organic 2ND FOODS® Pouches- Carrots, Apples and Mangoes, 3.5 ounce pouch UPC 15000074395 with Best By dates/batch codes: 13JUL2016 51955335XX and 14JUL2016 51965335XX. Consumers may notice that, in some cases, the pouches are bloated and product inside may have an off taste or odor. The products were distributed at U.S. retailers nationwide and through on-line stores. Consumers who purchased pouches with the above UPCs, batch codes and expiration dates are encouraged to contact the Gerber Parents Resource Center anytime day or night for a replacement coupon. Recall Date: 03/24/2016