This week saw recalls on bicycles, recalls on motorhomes, recalls on jackets and hoodies, recalls on soybean and mung bean sprouts, recalls on jambalaya products, recalls on boat trailers, recalls on mattresses, recalls on off-road utility vehicles, and recalls on tires. Details are below, courtesy of recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of August 10, 2015:
- Bicycle Recall: Breezer has recalled its Downtown brand of bicycles because of a crash hazard. The bicycle pedal can separate from the spindle (axle) during use and cause the rider to lose control. The firm has received 12 reports of pedals separating from the spindle. No injuries have been reported. Consumers should immediately stop using the bicycles and return then to a Breezer dealer for a free pedal replacement. This recall involves Breezer Bicycles models Downtown 3, Downtown 3-ST, Downtown 8, Downtown 8-ST, Downtown EX and Downtown EX-ST. Recall Date: 08/11/2015
- Motorhome Recall: Allied Recreation Group, Inc. (ARG) is recalling certain model year 2016 Fleetwood Flair, Storm, Terra SE, Jamboree Sport, Tioga Montara, Tioga Ranger, Holiday Rambler Admiral, and Monaco Trek vehicles. The affected vehicles may have been improperly manufactured with a vertical propane gas tank regulator, instead of the horizontal gas tank regulator required. Use of the incorrect regulator can allow moisture to build up in the regulator, possibly resulting in improper operation. If the regulator fails to operate properly, it can cause a propane gas leak, increasing the risk of a fire. Recall Date: 08/12/2015
- Hoodie and Jacket Recall: Flowers By Zoe have recalled girls’ striped hoodie and neon tie dye jackets due to a strangulation hazard. The hoodies and jackets have drawstrings around the neck area which pose a strangulation hazard to children. Drawstrings can become entangled or caught on playground slides, hand rails, school bus doors or other moving objects, posing a significant strangulation and/or entanglement hazard to children. Consumers should immediately take the hoodies and jackets away from children and remove the drawstring to eliminate the hazard. Consumers can return the hoodies to the place of purchase for a full refund. Recall Date: 08/12/2015
- Soybean and Mung Bean Sprouts Recall: Good Seed Inc. of Springfield, VA is voluntarily recalling all packages of soybean sprouts and mung bean sprouts because they have the potential to be contaminated withListeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections to individuals with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women. These items were distributed to retail stores in Virginia, Maryland and New Jersey. Individuals who purchased soybean sprouts and mung bean sprouts, distributed by Good Seed Inc. should return the product to the place of sale for a full refund. Recall Date: 08/11/2015
- Jambalaya Products Recall: Create Common Good, a Boise, Idaho company, is recalling approximately 185 pounds of jambalaya products due to misbranding and an undeclared allergen, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced this week. The product contains milk, a known allergen, and beef, both of which were not declared on the product label. The following items, produced on various dates between July 15 and August 7, 2015, are subject to recall: 1.5-lb. plastic heat and serve packages containing “CREATE COMMON GOOD Albertson’s Jambalaya with Chicken and Andouille”. Recall Date: 08/11/2015
- Boat Trailer Recall: Tracker Marine L.L.C. (Tracker) is recalling certain model year 2016 Trailstar Tahoe boat trailers, models 400, 450, 500, and 550, manufactured March 23, 2015, to June 24, 2015. The affected trailers were built with wheels that have load range “C” tires installed, instead of load range “D” tires as specified. If the trailer exceeds the load rating on the tire, the tire may suddenly fail, increasing the risk of a crash. Tracker will notify owners, and dealers will replace the wheels that have load range “C” tires for wheels with the correct load range “D” tires, free of charge. Recall Date: 08/12/2015
- Discount Tire Recall: Discount Tire is recalling certain Pathfinder SAT LT245/75R17E1 121R W tires manufactured September 16, 2013, to May 19, 2015, Pathfinder SAT LT265/75R16E1 123Q W tires manufactured August 5, 2013, to May 19, 2015, Pathfinder SAT LT265/70R17E1 121S B tires manufactured September 2, 2013, to May 19, 2015, and Pathfinder SAT LT275/65R18E1 123S B tires manufactured October 7, 2013, to May 19, 2015. These replacement light truck tires may have been manufactured with an inner liner gauge that is lower than specified. As a result, the tire tread may separate and cause rapid air pressure loss. If a tire experiences tread separation or air pressure loss, it can increase the risk of a vehicle crash. Discount Tire will notify owners, and dealers will provide replacement tires or refund the purchase price, free of charge. Recall Date: 08/12/2015
- Mattress Recall: M. Mattress is recalling renovated mattresses due to a violation of federal flammability standards. The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal open flame standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard. This recall involves renovated (rebuilt) Tight Top RB Sweet Dream mattresses sold in twin, full, queen and king sizes. Recalled mattresses are ivory colored, have a white federal tag with “Manufactured By: J.M. Mattress, 4536 W. Gladys Ave. Chicago IL 60624, Model: Tight Top RB Sweet Dreams, Prototype ID: TTQRBD Sweet Dreams.” The federal tag is located on the top side near the foot of the mattress. Consumers should immediately contact J.M. Mattress to arrange to have the recalled mattresses picked up, recovered and returned free of charge. Recall Date: 08/13/2015
- Off-Road Utility Vehicle Recall: American SportWorks is recalling their four-wheel off-road utility vehicles. The throttle can fail to return to idle causing the rider to lose control, posing a risk of injury. This recall includes six models of American SportWorks Four Wheel Off-Road Utility Vehicles. The name of each model is located above each front fender and along the sides of the dump bed. Affected vehicles include: BullDog 300, ChuckWagon 300 and LandMaster 300 all powered by Kohler 277cc engines with the last 6 Characters of the product identification number between A11746 and A13294, and LandMaster 400, TrailWagon 400 and ChuckWagon 400 all powered by Honda 390cc engines with the last 6 Characters of the product identification number between A24835 and A26806. The product identification numbers can be found on a sticker on the firewall above the accelerator and brake pedal. Recall Date: 08/13/2015