This week saw recalls on child seats, recalls on cancer pills, recalls on sandals, recalls on nightlights, recalls on chairs, recalls on trucks, recalls on table saws, recalls on outdoor dining sets and recalls on tires. Details are below, courtesy of recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of August 17, 2015:
- Chemotherapy Capsules Recall: Drug maker Merck is recalling Temodar and Temozolomide bottles of chemotherapy capsules due to cracked caps and the failure to meet child-resistant closure requirements. The bottle caps can be cracked which can cause the child-resistant closure to become ineffective to young children who can gain unintended access to the capsules, posing a risk of poisoning. The capsules were distributed in 5 and 14 count brown glass bottles that have white plastic child-resistant caps. A white label affixed to the bottle has the word “Temozolomide” printed in black lettering. Consumers should immediately inspect their bottle caps for cracks. If a crack is found, consumers should contact Merck for a replacement cap. As with all drug products, the bottles should be stored up high, out of sight and reach of young children. Consumers may continue to use the drug as directed. Recall Date: 08/18/2015
- Child Seat Recall: Britax is recalling certain Advocate Click Tight child seats. The affected child seats have a red harness adjuster button that may stick in the down (harness release) position allowing the shoulder harness to loosen. If the harness loosens, the child may not be properly restrained, increasing their risk of injury in the event of a crash. Britax will notify registered owners and send them a remedy kit that includes a lubricant to apply to the harness adjuster button, free of charge. The model numbers are Advocate ClickTight: E9LT95Q, E9LT95Z, E9LT95N, and E1A025Q. Boulevard ClickTight: E9LT86F, E1A135Q, E9LT86G, E9LT85Q, E9LT86A, E9LT86H, E9LT85S, E1A015Q, E1A016A, and E1A016H. Marathon ClickTight: E1A116L, E9LT76P, E9LT71Q, E9LT76N, E9LT76B, E9LT75R, E9LT76L, E1A006B, E1A005R and EXA116L, manufactured August 1, 2014, to July 29, 2015. Recall Date: 08/19/2015
- IKEA Children’s Nightlight Recall: IKEA is recalling its PATRULL Nightlights due to an electric shock risk. The nightlight’s plastic covering can detach and expose electrical components, posing an electrical shock hazard. Nightlights come in white, orange and pink. The nightlights automatically turn on in the dark and off in the light. Each PATRULL Nightlight has an IKEA logo on the back top near the sensor. The light has a dome-shaped plastic cover that gives the light its color and is attached to a white rectangular plastic base. Consumers should immediately stop using and unplug the recalled product and contact IKEA for a full refund. Recall Date: 08/18/2015
- Tvilum Chair Recall: Tvilum is recalling its Stars Mix n’Match chairs sold exclusively at Copenhagen Imports due to a fall hazard. The chair legs can break, posing a fall hazard for anyone sitting in the chair at the time. The chair seat and back is either black or white molded plastic with a cushion seat. The seat cushion is the same color as the plastic chair. The four chair legs are wood and set in a pyramid style. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chairs and return them to the retailer for a full refund, including delivery charges where applicable. Tvilum is contacting purchasers directly. Recall Date: 08/18/2015
- Rite Aid Outdoor Dining Sets Recall: Rite Aid is recalling its outdoor dining sets due to a fall hazard. The chair arms and legs can bend and cause the user to fall, posing a risk of injury. This recall involves a six-piece outdoor patio set containing four folding chairs, a table and an umbrella. The brown metal-frame chairs have a red canvas seat and back, and measure 21 ¼ inches tall by 25 ¼ inches wide. The umbrellas are 80 inches tall have a coordinated red with stripes canvas top. The square table also has a metal frame and a hard-plastic clear top. UPC number 011822350303 and item number 9034923 are printed on the packaging of the patio set. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chairs and return them to the any Rite Aid store for a full refund. Consumers are not required to return the table and umbrella. Recall Date: 08/18/2015
- Hercules Tire Recall: Hercules Tire & Rubber Company (Hercules) is recalling certain All Trac A/T tires. A tire tread separation may result in sudden air loss, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash. The sizes include: 235/70R16 106T, 235/75R15 109T XL, 245/70R16 107T, 255/70R16 111T, 265/70R16 112T, 265/75R16 116T and 275/70R16 114T. Hercules will notify owners, and dealers will replace the tires, free of charge. Recall Date: 08/16/2015
- Madewell Women’s Sandals Recall: Madewell Inc. is recalling all Sightseer sandals from their spring 2015 collection. The metal shank can dislodge and break through bottom of the outsole, posing a fall hazard. The firm has received eight reports of metal shanks dislodging and breaking through the bottom of the outsole. No injuries have been reported. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled shoes and contact Madewell to return them for a full refund. Recall Date: 08/20/2015
- PACCAR Truck Recall: PACCAR Incorporated (PACCAR) is recalling certain model year 2011-2016 Kenworth T440, T470, T660, T680, and T880 trucks manufactured January 14, 2010, to May 22, 2015, and equipped with HID Headlamps and the option for Daytime Running Lamps (DRL). The DRLs are required to deactivate when the hazard warning lights are activated, however, the DRLs on these vehicles override the hazard flashing functionality after the brake pedal is pushed for more than two seconds. Normal hazard flashing functionality returns once the service brake is released. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108, “Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment.” If the hazard warning lamps are overridden by the DRL, oncoming vehicles may fail to be warned, increasing the risk of a crash. Kenworth will notify owners, and dealers will update the cab controller software, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin September 17, 2015. Recall Date: 08/20/2015
- Grizzly Table Saw Recall: Grizzly is recalling its 10-inch hybrid table saws. The motor pulley can come loose and hit the table saw blade, causing the blade teeth to break into flying metal fragments, posing a risk of laceration or impact injury to consumers. This recall involves Grizzly 10-inch hybrid table saws with model number G0771 and serial number between TS2014060001 and TS2014111244 or a date code between 06/2014 and 11/2014. The Grizzly logo, “G0771,” the serial number and the date code are printed on the side of the table saw’s enclosed white metal base. Grizzly.com is printed on a green band on the bottom of the base. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled table saws and return them to Grizzly for a full refund, free repair or a free motor pulley kit that can be installed by the consumer. Grizzly is contacting consumers who bought the recalled table saws directly. Recall Date: 08/19/2015