This week saw a recall on transformers, recalls on blower/vacs, recalls on burn relief gel, recalls on snowmobiles, recalls on utility vehicles, recalls on tables, recalls on off-highway vehicles, recalls on tea, recalls on pork products, and recalls on battery power packs. Details are below, courtesy of cpsc.gov and recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of December 07, 2015:
- Basler Electric Transformers Recall: Basler Electric is recalling its Basler Class 2 electric transformers with date codes between 1435 and 1446 which use a Tyco circuit breaker. The circuit breaker in the transformer can fail to trip, posing fire and electrical shock hazards. The date code is located on the top line of the transformer’s data plate. The transformers were sold by Basler Electric to manufacturers and distributors of end products that contain these transformers from September 2014 to November 2014. Manufacturers and distributors should immediately stop distributing the recalled transformers and contact Basler to receive free replacement transformers. Due to the risk of shock, consumers should not attempt to open or replace the recalled transformers on their own but should contact the manufacturer of their product for further instructions. Basler has notified manufacturers and distributors about the recall directly. Recall Date: 12/09/2015
- Craftsman Blower/Vacs Recall: This recall involves two models of Craftsman 12 amp electric blower/vacs. The blower/vac’s motor can catch fire, posing fire and burn hazards. The blower/vacs have a red motor housing and a black blower tube and restrictor nozzle, and measure 12 inches high by 34 inches long. Blower/vacs with model number 138.74898 or 138.74899 are being recalled. Model 138.74898 has a variable speed switch and a serial number between SES0100001 and SES1951280. Model 138.74899 has a two-speed switch and a serial number between SER3561101 and SES2141280. The model number, serial number, “Craftsman” and “AC BLOWER / VAC” are printed on the side of the motor housing. The products were sold at ACE Hardware, Orchard Supply Hardware, and Sears stores nationwide and online from January 2013 through October 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled blower/vacs and contact the Craftsman brand hotline for a full refund. Recall Date: 12/09/2015
- Assured Burn Relief Gel Recall: Dollar Tree is recalling its Assured Burn Relief Gel. The packaging is not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act. The burn relief gel contains lidocaine, posing a poisoning risk if swallowed. The recalled burn relief gel is packaged in a blue box with white letters “Burn Relief” and red letters “Burn Relief Gel”. The brand name is Assured TM. Inside the box is a blue and white tube labeled “Burn Relief Gel” and measuring approximately 5 inches long by 1 inch wide and weighs about 0.7 ounces (20 grams). The packaging contains the UPC bar code: 6 39277 09311 0. The product was sold at Dollar Tree, Dollar Bill$, Dollar Tree $1 Stop, Deal$, Deals and Dollar Tree Deal$ stores nationwide from March 2015 to October 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled burn relief gel and take the gel to the store where purchased for a full refund. Recall Date: 12/10/2015
- Polaris Off-Highway Vehicle Recall: Polaris Industries Inc. is recalling its model year 2016 Polaris RZR XP Turbo recreational off-highway vehicles with Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs) 3NSVDE925GF454105 through 3NSVDE923GF459495. The vehicle’s’ oil drain line can leak, posing a fire hazard. The RZR XP Turbos were sold in graphite, orange and blue color schemes. A “Turbo” decal is located on the right and left front fenders and a “RZR” decal on the right and left rear fenders. The VIN is on the driver’s side rear frame rail, above the PVT cover. VINs are not sequential and not all VINs in the range are included in this recall. A complete list of recalled vehicles including VINs is available at polaris.com. The products were sold at Polaris dealers nationwide from September 2015 through November 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled vehicles and contact their local Polaris dealer to schedule a free repair. Polaris is contacting its customers directly and sending a recall letter to each registered owner. Recall Date: 12/10/2015
- Polaris Snowmobiles Recall: Polaris Industries Inc. is recalling its snowmobiles because the steering pitman arm or drag link can crack and result in a loss of steering, posing a crash hazard. This recall involves the following model year 2015 snowmobiles: 600 RUSH PRO-S, 600 RUSH PRO-X, 600 SWITCHBACK PRO-S, 600 SWITCHBACK PRO-X, 600 SWITCHBACK ADVENTURE, 800 RUSH PRO-S, 800 RUSH PRO-X, 800 SWITCHBACK PRO-S, 800 SWITCHBACK PRO-X, 550 INDY Voyageur 155, and 550 INDY Adventure 155. The 2015 600 / 800 AXYS RUSH and Switchbacks were solid in black, red/ white, and silver / black color schemes. The AXYS RUSH and Switchbacks have either “600” or “800” decal on the hood along with either “RUSH” or “Switchback” on the rear of the left and right sides of the rear suspension tunnel. The 550 INDY Adventures and Voyageurs were sold in red or blue and have either “Adventure” or “Voyageur” decals on the left and right engine compartment side panels. The model names and numbers included in the recall are listed here. The products were sold at Polaris dealers nationwide from April 2014 through November 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled snowmobiles and contact their local Polaris dealer to schedule a free repair. Polaris is contacting its customers directly and sending a recall letter to each registered owner. Recall Date: 12/10/2015
- Kubota Utility Vehicle Recall: Kubota Tractor Corporation is recalling its model year 2013, 2014 and 2015 Kubota RTV-X1100C series diesel-powered utility vehicles. Combustible debris can make contact with the exhaust manifold and ignite, posing a fire hazard. The recalled utility vehicles come in the colors orange and camouflage and have serial numbers ranging from 10001 to 23172. The model number is on the side of the unit and on the data plate on the back of the cab, between the cab and the bed. The serial number is also on the data plate. The vehicles were sold at Authorized Kubota dealers nationwide from October 2013 to October 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled utility vehicles, park them away from combustible materials and contact an authorized Kubota dealer for a free inspection and free repair. Kubota is contacting consumers directly. Recall Date: 12/08/2015
- Jofran Cement Table Recall: Jofran Sales Inc. is recalling its Boulder Ridge dining room tables. A stress fracture can form in the table, posing an injury hazard. The Boulder Ridge Rectangular 78” Dining Room Table has a cement top with a wooden base. The serial numbers on the recalled tables, found on the underside of the cement top, begin with V12760A, V12760B, V12860A or V13034. The tables were sold at Jordan’s Furniture, Kittles Home Furnishings, Nebraska Furniture Mart, W.E. Smithe Furniture and other retailers nationwide from May 2015 through October 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the stop using the recalled table and contact the Jofran dealer where the table was purchased to schedule a free repair. Recall Date: 12/08/2015
- Limoss Battery Power Pack Recall: Limoss US LLC. is recalling its lithium ion battery power packs. The battery power packs can overheat, posing a fire hazard. This recall involves Limoss AKKU-PACK rechargeable lithium ion battery power packs sold as accessories for Palliser, Flexsteel and Best Home Furnishing power recliners and lift chairs. They are used to power the chair when an electrical outlet is not available. “Limoss Li-ion Battery Pack,” model number ZB-B1800, code MC 160 and dates codes of 11-0102011 through 6-14-2012 are printed on a white sticker on the side of the unit. Recalled battery power packs are black and measure 6 inches long by 3 inches wide. The products were sold at Best Home Furnishing, Flexsteel and Palliser dealers nationwide and online at amazon.com and other websites from November 2011 through August 2012. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled battery power packs and contact Limoss for a free replacement. Recall Date: 12/08/2015
- Sweet Leaf Tea Recall: The Sweet Leaf Tea Company announced today that it is voluntarily recalling Sweet Leaf® Tea in 16 ounce glass bottles out of an abundance of caution because of the possible presence of glass fragments. This was the result of glass breakage during the filling process. Consumers could potentially be cut or injured if ingested. The company has received four complaints of glass in the product. No injuries were reported. The voluntary recall is limited to specific production codes of Sweet Leaf Tea, which were distributed between February 27, 2015 and December 6, 2015. Only 16 ounce glass bottles are affected, and only those listed here. In order to determine the manufacturing date and best by date of a bottle, consumers are advised to look for the manufacturing code on the shoulder of a bottle or on the shipping case. Consumers who have any of the glass products with the affected date codes should not drink the product, can contact the Sweet Leaf toll-free number 1-877-832-5323 for a replacement product, or return the product to the store of purchase for a refund. Recall Date: 12/10/2015
- Morrilton Pork Products Recall: Morrilton Packing Co. is recalling approximately 12,146 pounds of boneless ham products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced. The product contains soy, a known allergen, which was not declared on the product label. The boneless hickory smoked honey ham was produced on October 1, and October 4, 2015. The following products are subject to recall: 8-9-lb. Plastic wrapped packages containing a single boneless ham with the label “Cedar Falls Brand Boneless Hickory Smoked Honey Cured Ham” containing a code date I14, I22, or I15. The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 10646” inside the USDA mark of inspection, and were shipped to a single distributor in Arkansas. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase. Recall Date: 12/09/2015