This week saw a recall on pajamas, recalls on executive chairs, recalls on meat and poultry products, recalls on chicken products, recalls on mandarin oranges, recalls on pork products, and recalls on cranberry candy. Details are below, courtesy of cpsc.gov and recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of January 04, 2016:
- Zulily Children’s Pajamas Recall: Zulily Inc. is recalling six styles of Lilli Lovebird girls’ two-piece, long-sleeve, striped pajama sets. The pajamas do not meet the federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries. The pajamas are 95 percent cotton and 5 percent elastane, and were sold in sizes 4 through 12. The long-sleeve pajama tops have a sewn-on pocket in the shape of a heart located on the center front. The pajamas came in pink and white stripes with a red heart; dark pink, gray and white strips with a pink heart; green, red and white stripes with a red heart; light purple and white stripes with a pink heart; steel gray and white stripes with a red heart; and Christmas red and white striped with a green heart. The pajamas were sold at Zulily.com from November 2015 through December 2015. Consumers should immediately take the sleepwear away from children and contact Zulily for instructions on returning the product for a full refund. Zulily is notifying consumers directly about the recall. Recall Date: 01/07/2016
- Office Depot Executive Chairs Recall: Office Depot is recalling its Crawley II executive chairs. The seat plate weld can break, posing a fall hazard to consumers. The black, high-back, adjustable chairs have a black base with five wheels. The affected chairs have Office Depot SKU number 493822 or OfficeMax item number 23324118 and “US REG. No. PA 25917(CN)” printed on a label located on the underside of the seat cushion. The chairs were sold at Office Depot and OfficeMax retail stores nationwide and online from October 2012 through September 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chair and contact Office Depot to receive a free replacement seat plate that consumers can install at home. Recall Date: 01/07/2016
- Neto’s Sausage Inc. Meat And Poultry Products Recall: Neto’s Sausage Co. Inc. is recalling approximately 7,687 pounds of beef, pork, and chicken products that were produced and labeled with the federal mark of inspection without the benefit of FSIS inspection, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced. The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 9027” and “EST 6086” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were distributed in house, to a local distributor and online nationwide. The sausage items were produced on Dec. 28, 2014 to Dec. 28, 2015. The list of products subject to this recall may be found here. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase. Recall Date: 01/06/2016
- Wegmans Chicken Products Recall: Wegmans Food Markets Inc. is recalling approximately 1,125 pounds of chicken products that were produced without the benefit of federal inspection, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced. The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. or P-7567” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to distribution and retail locations in Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. The chicken items were produced on January 3, 2016. The list of products subject to this recall may be found here. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be returned to the place of purchase for a full refund. Recall Date: 01/06/2016
- Nice! Mandarin Oranges 8-Ounce Bottles Recall: Milky Way International Trading Corp. announced the recall of Nice! Mandarin Oranges in 8-ounce bottles due to potential glass in the product. The affected product was distributed to Walgreens stores nationwide and displays one of the lot numbers listed below. Consumers could potentially be cut or injured if ingested. To date there have been three complaints, and one alleged injury reported. The voluntary recall is limited to specific production codes of 8-ounce Nice! Brand Mandarin Oranges in Light Syrup. The lot codes are located at either the neck or the lid of the glass bottles. Recall Date: 01/07/2016
- Cape Cod Cranberry Candy Recall: Cape Cod Provisions LLC is recalling Cape Cod Cranberry Candy and Harvest Sweets Milk Chocolate/Dark Chocolate/Yogurt Covered Cranberry Blend (mix of all three varieties in the package) because they may contain undeclared yogurt covered almonds. These products can further be identified by their UPC codes; Cape Cod Cranberry Candy UPC 6 12681 10259 3 and Harvest Sweets UPC 6 12681 44259 0. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to almonds run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. The trio of covered cranberries product was distributed nationwide through retail stores and mail order. The specific product comes in a 5oz. gable-top box with color graphics and can be identified by a lot # of 5230-1 on the inside bag. The recall was initiated after it was discovered that yogurt covered almonds were distributed in packaging that did not list almonds in the ingredients. Subsequent investigation indicates it was an isolated incidence caused by a temporary breakdown in the packaging processes. Consumers who have purchased this product or received it as a gift are urged to contact the company for return instructions and full refund. Recall Date: 01/06/2016
- Comeaux’s Inc. Pork Products Recall: Comeaux’s Inc. is recalling approximately 14 pounds of pork products that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced. The smoked pork tasso was packaged on December 22, 2015. The products subject to the recall are: 1-lb. vacuum-sealed packages containing diced “CAJUN HICKORY SMOKED PORK TASSO”. The products bear establishment number “EST. 20513” inside the USDA mark of inspection and package code number “42358”. These items were shipped to retail locations in Louisiana. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase. Recall Date: 01/05/2016