This week saw a recall on motorcycles, recalls on drums, recalls on coffee mugs, recalls on chairs, recalls on stools, recalls on bikes, recalls on cough syrup, and recalls on griddles. Details are below, courtesy of cpsc.gov and recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of January 11, 2016:
- KTM/Husqvarna Motorcycles Recall: This recall involves model year 2016 Husqvarna TC and FC and KTM SX and SX-F motocross competition motorcycles with 250cc to 450cc, 4-cycle engines, and 125cc to 250cc, 2-cycle engines. The front wheel spoke assembly can fail, causing the operator to lose control of the motorcycle and crash. The recalled Husqvarna motorcycles are blue, white and yellow and have the Husqvarna logo on both sides of the shroud covering the fuel tank. The model name and engine size are on both sides of the rear fender below the rear of the seat. Recalled KTM motorcycles are orange, black and white with the KTM logo on both sides of the shroud covering the fuel tank. The model name and engine size are printed on both sides of the rear fender below the rear of the seat. Model year 2016 motorcycles will have the letter G in the 10th position of the vehicle identification number (VIN). The VIN is located on the right side of the steering head. The motorcycles were sold at KTM authorized dealers nationwide from March 2015 through October 2015 and at Husqvarna Motorcycles authorized dealers nationwide from March 2015 through October 2015. Consumers should immediately stop riding the recalled motorcycles and contact an authorized KTM/Husqvarna Motorcycles dealer to schedule a free repair. KTM/Husqvarna Motorcycles is contacting known consumers directly. Recall Date: 01/14/2016
- IKEA Drums And Drumstick Sets Recall: IKEA is recalling its LATTJO Tongue Drum and LATTJO Drumstick sets. The rubber ball on the drumsticks can detach or be unscrewed, posing a choking hazard. The LATTJO Tongue Drum is a solid birch rectangular-shaped drum with a turquoise-dot print on the front and two solid red circles on top. The drum measures about 8 inches long by 2-3/4 inches wide by 2-3/4 inches deep. The drum comes with a seven inch mallet with a turquoise painted handle and black rubber ball on the end. IKEA and LATTJO are printed on a label on the bottom of the drum. The LATTJO Drumstick set includes two solid birch drumsticks, two brushes and two mallet-type drumsticks with black rubber balls on the ends. The set was sold in a turquoise polyester roll-up pouch with a red and white striped fabric panel in the center. The pouch measures about 15 inches long by 10 inches wide. IKEA and LATTJO was printed on a label attached to the pouch. The sets were sold at IKEA stores nationwide and online at www.ikea-usa.com from November 2015 through December 2015. Consumers should immediately take the recalled drum and drumstick sets away from children and return them to IKEA for a full refund. Recall Date: 01/14/2016
- Altar’d State Coffee Mugs Recall: Altar’d State is recalling its white ceramic 16-ounce coffee mugs with gold-painted monograms and accent rims. The coffee mugs are mislabeled as microwave safe. If microwaved, the metallic paint accents on the coffee mugs can spark, posing a fire hazard. The mugs have a textured design resembling a golf ball, and a “rope” style handle. “Microwave/Dishwasher Safe” is printed in a black panel on the bottom of the coffee mugs. The mugs were sold at Altar’d State stores nationwide from October 2015 through December 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled coffee mugs and contact Altar’d State for instructions on returning the product for a full refund. Recall Date: 01/14/2016
- Steelcase “Rocky” Swivel Chairs Recall: This recall involves 12 models of Steelcase “Rocky” style swivel chairs manufactured between 2005 and 2015. The screws connecting the seat and back to the base of the chair can detach, posing a fall hazard to the user. The molded polypropylene chairs were sold in black and white with the option of an upholstered seat and back, seat only or no upholstery. The chairs have a foldable seat, molded-in arms and either a four-star wheel base or a five-star wheel base. Model numbers can be found on the underside of the seat. The chairs were sold at Steelcase independently owned dealers nationwide from August 2005 to June 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chairs and contact Steelcase to arrange for a free repair. Recall Date: 01/14/2016
- School Specialty NeoRok Stools Recall: School Specialty Inc. is expanding its recall of 18-inch tall and 20-inch tall Classroom Select NeoRok Stools with a tilting and rocking feature, for use by children in the classroom. The stool can break during use, posing a fall hazard. The stools have a round black rubber seat insert with a solid color plastic seat and black rimmed base. The Classroom Select logo is printed on one side of the base and the NeoRok name is printed on the other side of the base. The stools were sold in 12 colors: Cardinal (red), Claret (maroon), Ebony (black), Imperial (blue), Lilac (purple), Marine (navy blue), Nickel (silver), Paprika (orange), Periwinkle (light blue), Pistachio (green), Saffron (yellow) and Slate (gray). Recalled 18-inch stools are item number 1496340 and recalled 20-inch stools are item number 1496342. The stools were sold at Classroom Direct catalogs, School Specialty Furniture and Equipment catalogs, School Specialty Education Essentials catalogs, School Specialty Early Childhood catalogs, and on www.schoolspecialty.com from May 2015 through November 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled stools and contact School Specialty for a full refund or merchandise credit. Recall Date: 01/14/2016
- QBP Stolen Series BMX Bikes Recall: This recall involves Stolen series BMX bicycles, including Stolen Agent 16CB and 16FW, Stolen Compact, Stolen Casino and Stolen Stereo models. The bicycles fail to meet the federal bicycle standard. The bicycle’s front wheel can detach due to improperly fitting retention washers, posing a fall hazard to the rider. “Stolen” and the model name are printed on the frame of the bicycles. The Agent 16-inch bikes were sold in dark blue, the Compact 20-inch bikes were sold in neon orange and satin white, the Casino 20-inch bikes were sold in phosphate raw (gray), highlight yellow and electric red, and the Stereo 20-inch bikes were sold in satin black and electric green. The bikes were sold at BMX bicycle/product dealers, Stolen series BMX distributors and specialty bicycle retailers nationwide and online at www.QBP.com and other BMX bicycle/product websites from September 2015 through October 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled BMX bicycles and return them to the store where purchased for a free inspection and free replacement wheel retention washers. Recall Date: 01/13/2016
- Cost Plus World Market Tovin Chairs Recall: This recall involves upholstered Tovin chairs sold in a black and white print. The legs on the chair can bend or break, posing a fall hazard to the user. The chairs are 32-inches tall by 23-inches wide, and have a wooden frame with clear floor glides. SKU number 507667 is printed on a UPC sticker affixed to the underside of the chair. The chairs were sold at Cost Plus World Market and World Market stores nationwide and online at www.worldmarket.com from July 2015 through October 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chair and return it to any Cost Plus World Market or World Market store for a full refund. Recall Date: 01/12/2016
- Walmart Rival Griddles Recall: Walmart is recalling its Rival brand electric griddles with model number XJ-14207. The heating element can crack and water can get inside, posing a shock hazard when the griddle is plugged into an electrical outlet. The griddles are black and measure 20 inches long by 10.5 inches wide. “Walmart” and the model number are printed on a label molded into the bottom of the griddle. “Rival” is printed on the outside edge of the griddle and on the griddle’s temperature dial. The griddles were sold exclusively at Walmart stores nationwide and online at Walmart.com from July 2015 through December 2015. Consumers should immediately unplug and stop using the recalled griddles and return them to any Walmart store for a full refund. Recall Date: 01/12/2016
- Pier 1 Imports Swingasan Chairs And Stands Recall: This recall involves the Pier 1 Imports Swingasan chairs and stands. The suspension hardware on the chair and stand can break, or the stand can become unstable during use, posing a fall hazard. The chairs and stands were sold separately. The chair hangs from a steel stand and is made of a wrought iron frame covered with woven plastic wicker. It was sold in various colors and designs. The stands are made of steel and were sold in four colors. The product description and dimensions in inches included in this recall may be found here. The products were sold exclusively at Pier 1 Imports stores nationwide and online at www.Pier1.com from January 2010 through August 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the chairs and stands and contact Pier 1 Imports for a free repair kit or return the chair and stand to a Pier 1 Imports store for a full refund. There is no repair kit for the Podasan Mocha and Orange Swingasan chairs. Consumers should stop using these chairs immediately and contact Pier 1 Imports for a full refund. Recall Date: 01/12/2016
- Perrigo Children’s Guaifenesin Grape/Cherry Cough Syrup Recall: Perrigo Company has announced that following the recall of certain dosing cups by its supplier, it has initiated a voluntary product recall in the U.S. to the retail level of two batches of its children’s guaifenesin grape liquid (100mg/5 mL) and three batches of its children’s guaifenesin DM cherry liquid (100mg guaifenesin and 5mg dextromethorphan HBr/ 5 ml) sold in 4 oz. bottles with dosage cups. This recall is being initiated because some packages contain an oral dosing cup with incorrect dose markings. Consumers should be aware that an overdose of Guaifenesin DM may cause hyper excitability, rapid eye movements, changes in muscle reflexes, ataxia, dystonia, hallucinations, stupor, and coma. Other effects have included nausea, vomiting, tachycardia, irregular heartbeat, seizures, respiratory depression, and death. Perrigo is notifying its distributors and customers by verbal and e-mail communication, followed by formal FedEx-delivered communication. It also is arranging for the return of all recalled products. Distributors/retailers that have the affected batches of children’s guaifenesin grape liquid and/or children’s guaifenesin DM cherry that is being recalled should stop distribution and return the product. Consumers that have product with the corresponding labels and batch numbers should discard the dosing device and product. Recall Date: 01/11/2016