This week saw a recall on kids’ bikes, recalls on child seats, recalls on strollers, recalls on Christmas ornaments, recalls on stools, recalls on nuts, recalls on music and lighting systems, recalls on cough liquid, and recalls on baby bodysuits. Details are below, courtesy of cpsc.gov and recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of January 18, 2016:
- Chillafish Balance Bikes Recall: This recall includes all Chillafish BMXie, Chillafish Jack and Chillafish Josie balance bikes. Overinflated tires can cause the wheel rims to crack and send pieces of the plastic rim flying, posing a laceration hazard to consumers. The bikes were designed for children ages 2 to 5 and have no pedals and no chains. BMXie bikes are made of plastic. The bikes are about 31.5 inches long with a seat that can be adjusted from about 12.5 inches high to about 15.5 inches high and have a detachable foot support. BMXie bikes were sold in the colors blue, lime green, pink, red and yellow. Item reference number CPMX01BLU, CPMX01LIM, CPMX01PIN, CPMX01RED or CPMX01YEL is on a label on the bottom of the bike frame. Jack and Josie bikes have steel frames. The bikes are about 34 inches long with a seat that can be adjusted from about 14 inches high to about 17 inches high. Jack bikes were sold in a black and orange color scheme with flames on the crosstube and item reference number CPJJ02BLA on a label on the bottom of the bike frame. Josie bikes were sold in a white and pink color scheme with flowers on the crosstube and item reference number CPJJ02WHI on a label on the bottom of the bike frame. The bikes were sold at Sam’s Club stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com, Target.com and ToysRUs.com from November 2013 through November 2015. Consumers should immediately stop children from using the recalled bikes until the tires are deflated to a pressure at or below 32 psi and contact Chillafish for a free repair. Chillafish is contacting consumers directly. Recall Date: 01/21/2016
- Britax Infant Car Seats Recall: This recall involves Britax B-Safe 35 and B-Safe 35 Elite infant car seat and travel systems manufactured between October 1, 2014 and July 1, 2015. The car seat carry handle can crack and break allowing the seat to fall unexpectedly, posing a risk of injury to the infant. The product can be used as a rear-facing only car seat and as an infant carrier. The car seat/carriers have a canopy, black shell and base, and were sold in a variety of colors. The Britax logo is printed on both sides of the seat shell and on the carry handle grip. Model numbers and the date of manufacture (DOM) are printed on a label located at the back of the infant car seat/carrier shell. Models included in the recall may be found here. The car seats were sold at Babies R Us, buybuy BABY, Target and other stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com, Diapers.com and other online retailers from November 2014 to January 2016. Consumers should immediately stop carrying the car seat by the handle until the repair is installed. All consumers who have previously registered their product with Britax will automatically receive a free repair kit. To register to receive a repair kit or verify registration, visit www.bsafe35recall.com. Consumers can continue to use the car seat when secured in a vehicle or on a stroller. Recall Date: 01/21/2016
- Britax Strollers Recall: Britax Child Safety Inc. is recalling its Britax B-Ready strollers and B-Ready replacement top seats that were sold separately. The foam padding on the stroller’s arm bar can come off in fragments if the child bites the arm bar, posing a choking hazard. The B-Ready strollers have a silver or black frame with a solid-colored top seat in a variety of colors. The Britax logo is on the stroller’s side hinges and foot rest. B-Ready is printed on the sides of the stroller frame. The stroller’s model number and date of manufacture are printed on a label on the stroller’s frame between the front wheels or on the inside frame that connects to the back right wheel. The replacement top seats were sold separately in a variety of colors and fit into the stroller’s frame. The replacement top seat’s model number and date of manufacture are printed on a black label on the right side tube above the adjuster button, under the fabric cover. Model numbers and dates of manufacture included in this recall can be found here. The products were sold at Babies R Us, buybuy Baby, Target and other stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com, Diapers.com and other websites from April 2010 through January 2016 for about $500 for the stroller. The replacement top seats were sold by Britax from April 2010 through January 2016 for about $150. Consumers should immediately remove the arm bar from recalled strollers and replacement top seats and contact Britax for a free black, zippered arm bar cover and a warning label to apply to the strollers and replacement top seats. Consumers can continue to use their strollers without the arm bar attached. Recall Date: 01/21/2016
- Cheryl & Co. Jingle Bell Ornaments Recall: This recall involves Cheryl’s Jingle Bell ornaments that were sold with 64 cookies and confections. The decorative cutouts on the ornament have sharp metal edges that pose a laceration hazard to consumers. The round aluminum ornaments measure approximately 4 inches in diameter, have four snowflake cutouts and were sold in a set of eight units per box (two each of red, green, gold and silver). The ornaments were sold on QVC televised shopping programs and online at QVC.com from November 2015 to December 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled ornaments and return them to QVC for a full refund. Consumers are urged to use caution while handling the product. QVC will mail all known customers instructions for returning the product. Recall Date: 01/20/2016
- Seasonal Specialties Music And Lighting Systems Recall: This product recall involves the Philips Harmonize Synchronized Music and Lighting System Model. This item is an electrical control box for decorative lighting (e.g. Christmas lights). The product can get overloaded and overheat, posing a fire hazard. When plugged into the control box, the lights flash to the beat of the music being played on the Harmonize control box. The product is sold with one 50-light decorative light string. The green control box is approximately 7.5” x 6.5” x 2.5”, and is green in color with a gray tinted cover over the controls with a red digital readout under the cover. The model number MU1402 can be found on a white label wrapped around the plug cord wire, near the plug. The systems were sold at Menards store in Ill., Ind., Iowa, Kan., Mich., Minn., Mo., Neb., N.D., Ohio, S.D. and Wis. from August 2015 through November 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the product, unplug it and contact Seasonal Specialties for a prepaid label to return the lighting system for a full refund. Recall Date: 01/19/2016
- West Elm Bar Stools Recall: West Elm is recalling its Saddle bar and counter stools. The legs on the stools can break, posing a fall hazard. The stools have solid wood legs with a pecan-stained finish and were sold in four upholstery options: elephant leather, crosshatch steel/ivory, slate chevron and iron basket weave. The seat height for the bar stools is 30.5 inches with overall dimensions of 20.5 inches wide by 20 inches deep by 41 inches tall. The seat height for the counter stools is 26 inches with overall dimensions of 20.5 inches wide by 20 inches deep by 37.5 inches high. SKU numbers are located on the box of the product, the customer receipt and on a sticker on the bottom of the seat. Recalled SKU numbers may be found here. The stools were sold at West Elm stores, online atwww.westelm.comand the West Elm catalogue nationwide from July 2013 through November 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled stools and contact West Elm for information on returning the stools for a full refund. West Elm is contacting known customers directly. Recall Date: 01/19/2016
- Master Herbs Inc. Licorice Coughing Liquid Recall: Master Herbs Inc. is voluntarily recalling all lots of Licorice Coughing Liquid, cough syrup in 100 ml bottles to the consumer level. This product has been found to contain morphine, which is an opioid, and it is not declared on the label. Opioid is an ingredient of Compound Camphor. Compound Camphor is declared on the label of the product, but not its ingredients. The product was distributed to Chinese grocery stores in various cities in California, New Jersey, Hawaii, Illinois, Ohio and Nevada. Master Herbs Inc. is notifying its distributors and customers by phone or fax and is arranging for return of all recalled products. Consumers that have product which is being recalled should stop using the product and return it to place of purchase. Retailer and wholesalers should stop distributing the product, quarantine any remaining inventory and make arrangements to return the product. Recall Date: 01/20/2016
- Walt Disney Parks And Resorts Infant Bodysuits Recall: This recall involves Darth Vader and Disneyland 60th infant bodysuits. The snaps on the bodysuits can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children. The Darth Vader Infant Bodysuits were sold in five sizes: 3M, 6M, 12M, 18M and 24M. The garment has a gray body with black sleeves and trim. The artwork on the front of the bodysuit shows an infant Darth Vader holding a light saber with the text: “If you only knew the power of THE DARK SIDE.” The Disneyland 60thInfant Bodysuits have a light blue body with royal blue sleeves and trim. The artwork on the front of the bodysuit includes Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck and Pluto in front of the Disneyland Castle. The Disneyland 60thbodysuits were sold in four sizes: 6M, 12M, 18M and 24 M. The text on the front of the garment reads “60th Disneyland Resort, Diamond Celebration.” The bodysuits were sold at Walt Disney World® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, Disneyland® Resort in Anaheim, California, the Treasure Ketch Shop on the Disney Wonder® and Mickey’s Mainsail located on the Disney Magic®, Disney Dream® and Disney Fantasy® cruise ships from February 2015 through November 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled infant bodysuits and contact Walt Disney Parks and Resorts for instructions on returning the bodysuits for a full refund. Recall Date: 01/19/2016
- Mahina Mele Farms Macadamia Nut Products Recall: Mahina Mele Farms LLC is recalling some of its macadamia nut products after FDA testing found Salmonella. Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. The products involved in the recall were distributed to retail stores in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Maryland, and Virginia from Oct 21- Nov 25, 2015 and involve three lot numbers 026, 027, 029. The list of products may be found here. Customers who have purchased the above products should not consume them and should return them to the store where they were purchased for a full refund or replacement. Mahina Mele Farms LLC will reimburse the wholesaler for any returned product. Recall Date: 01/21/2016