This week saw recalls on fish bowls, recalls on bicycles, recalls on rocking chairs, recalls on chicken, recalls on animal feed, recalls on ravioli, recalls on pencil sharpeners, recalls on endoscope reprocessors and recalls on multiple products sold by Home Depot. Details are below, courtesy of cpsc.gov and recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of November 16, 2015:
- Recalled Products Sold by Home Depot After Recalls Were Announced: The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Home Depot are warning consumers that 28 different recalled products continued to be sold by Home Depot after they were recalled between 2012 and 2015. This involves about 2,310 units of recalled products, including about 1,300 sold by Home Depot to consumers and 1,010 sent by Home Depot to salvagers or recyclers who could have sold them to consumers. Consumers should stop using the recalled products immediately and contact the recalling firms to receive the remedies listed in the recall, which is either a refund, replacement or repair. The full list of recalled products can be found here. Recall Date: 11/18/2015
- PetSmart Top Fin Betta Bowl Kits Recall: This recall involves PetSmart Top Fin Betta Bowl Kits with LED Lights include a 0.6-gallon glass betta bowl and a base with an LED light. The glass bowl can crack, shatter or break during normal handling, posing a laceration hazard. The plastic bases come in black, blue, pink, purple and silver. The following UPC numbers are located on the packages of recalled items: Black-73725752848; Blue-73725747577; Pink-73725747595; Purple-73725752855; Silver-73725747598. Sold exclusively at PetSmart stores nationwide and online at www.petsmart.com from September 2013 through October 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled betta bowls, safely dispose of the glass bowl and return the plastic base with power cord and adapter to any PetSmart store for a full refund. Recall Date: 11/17/2015
- Kona Bicycle Recall: This recall involves all 2014 Kona Wo bicycles with a charcoal black frame and silver decals. The bicycle fork can crack or break, posing a fall hazard. The word “Wo” is on the top tube of the frame and the word “Kona” is on the downtube of the frame and on the side of the seat. THe bicycles were sold exclusively at authorized Kona dealers nationwide from September 2013 through July 2014. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled bicycles and contact Kona or an authorized Kona dealer for a free replacement and installation of the bicycle fork. Recall Date: 11/17/2015
- REI Rocker Chairs Recall: This recall involves REI evrgrn Campfire Rocker chairs. The chair can tip backwards while rocking, posing a fall hazard to the user. The collapsible rocking chairs were sold in blue, gray, green, and orange fabric supported by four metal tubes and wooden rockers at the base and are intended for outdoor use. A small black tab is attached to the edge of the fabric seat containing the word “evrgrn”. The chair comes in a portable bag whose color matches that of the fabric seat. Sold exclusively at REI stores nationwide and online at www.REI.com from April 2015 through August 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chairs and contact REI for a free replacement or a full refund. Recall Date: 11/17/2015
- Tyson Foods Chicken Product Recall: Tyson Foods Inc.is recalling approximately 52,486 pounds of chicken wing product that may be adulterated because of having an “off odor” scent, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced. The fully cooked buffalo style chicken wing section item was produced on October 24, 2015 and October 25, 2015. The following product is subject to recall: 28-oz. retail bags containing multiple pieces of “Tyson® Any’tizers® Fully Cooked Hot Wings® CHICKEN WING SECTIONS COATED WITH A FLAVORFUL HOT, TANGY SAUCE” with use by/sell by dates of October 24, 2016 and October 25, 2016, packaging dates 2975PBF0508-23/2985PBF0500-01 and case codes 2975PBF0508-23/2985PBF0500-01. The product subject to recall bears establishment number “P-13456” inside the USDA mark of inspection as well as on the back of the bag above the heating instructions. These items were shipped to retail locations nationwide. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase. Recall Date: 11/17/2015
- CHS Animal Feed Recall: CHS Inc. announced it has implemented a voluntary recall of 50-pound packages of its Kountry Buffet 14% Text and Provider 15% Pellet, both for Mature Cattle, Horses, Goats & Sheep due to excessive levels of copper. Consumption of the affected product may cause potential health risks, including death, in sheep. Symptoms of copper toxicity in sheep include lethargy, anemic appearance, excessive teeth grinding, extreme thirst, pale membranes (jaundice) and bloody urine. The recalled products were manufactured in September 2015 and October 2015 at CHS Inc.’s Harrisburg, Ore., feed mill and distributed to 42 customers in Oregon and Washington. Kountry Buffet 14% Text features a salmon-colored label attached to a brown bag. Provider 15% Pellet features a yellow label attached to a brown bag. Affected Lot numbers for either product can be found at the bottom of the label and may be found here. Consumers who purchased this product and have remaining quantities should immediately discontinue use and are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Recall Date: 11/13/2015
- Custom Ultrasonics Automated Endoscope Reprocessors Recall: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration ordered Custom Ultrasonics to recall all of its automated endoscope reprocessors (AERs) from health care facilities due to the firm’s continued violations of federal law and a consent decree entered with the company in 2007. The identified violations could result in an increased risk of infection transmission. The FDA ordered this recall under the terms of the consent decree. The agency also issued a safety communication recommending that health care facilities currently using Custom Ultrasonics AERs transition away from their use to alternative methods to reprocess flexible endoscopes as soon as possible. An estimated 2,800 AERs manufactured by Custom Ultrasonics are currently in hospitals and outpatient clinics throughout the United States. The FDA’s recall order applies to all Custom Ultrasonics AERs, including the System 83 Plus, System 83 Plus 2 and System 83 Plus 9. Recall Date: 11/16/2015
- Bostitch Electric Pencil Sharpener Recall: This recall involves Bostitch® brand electric pencil sharpeners Quietsharp Glow™ Classroom and Super Pro™ Commercial electric pencil sharpeners. The electric components inside can energize the pencil sharpener, posing a shock hazard. The sharpeners have a silver body, six pencil sharpener openings on the black front dial and a removable pencil shaving tray on the front. “Bostitch” is embossed on the side. The Quietsharp Glow Classroom sharpener has model number EPS11HC and date codes between 4714 and 3215. The Super Pro Glow Commercial has model number EPS14HC and date codes between 1612 and 2715. The model number is printed on a sticker on the bottom of the sharpeners. The date code range is a two digit production week and a two digit production year (WWYY). The date code is visible inside the unit when the pencil shavings tray is removed. Quietsharp Glow and Super Pro are printed on the pencil sharpeners’ packaging. The product was sold at Office Depot, Staples and other office supply stores and distributors nationwide and online at Amazon.com from April 2012 through August 2015. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled electric pencil sharpeners, unplug them from the outlet and contact Amax for a free replacement unit. Recall Date: 11/19/2015
- Wegmans Ravioli Recall: Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is recalling Wegmans Italian Classics Butternut Squash Ravioli, 9 oz. (UPC #77890 36434), because the product may contain undeclared cashews and almonds. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to cashews or almonds run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product. Approximately 54,000 units of Wegmans Italian Classics Butternut Squash Ravioli, 9 oz. was sold in 88 Wegmans stores located in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, and Massachusetts. This product, packaged in a plastic tray, is sold in a refrigerated case in the dairy department. All date codes sold since June 6, 2015 are included in the recall. Wegmans will place automated phone calls to customers who purchased the product using their Shoppers Club card. Customers who purchased the recalled product from Wegmans should return it to the service desk for a full refund. Recall Date: 11/17/2015