This week saw recalls on chairs and bar stools, recalls on water dispensers, recalls on crib mattresses, recalls on frozen cookie dough, recalls on cucumbers, recalls on Mitsubishi trucks, recalls on smoke alarms, recalls on emergency vehicles, recalls on RAM trucks and recalls on kids hoodies. Details are below, courtesy of usatoday.com and recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of September 07, 2015:
- Fiat Chrysler Ram Truck Recall: Fiat Chrysler is recalling about 1.7 million of its Ram pickup trucks to check or repair wiring harnesses, airbags and steering components that may be faulty. The automaker issued three separate recalls that affect its Ram 1500 or larger heavy-duty trucks. An estimated 1.1 million pickups sold in North America are being recalled because they may have steering-wheel wiring harnesses that wear because of contact with a spring. This contact may cause a short-circuit and could inadvertently set off the truck’s driver-side airbag. The wiring harness issues affect model-year 2012-2014 Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups and 3500, 4500 and 5500 Chassis Cabs. The second Fiat Chrysler recall involves about 190,337 Ram heavy-duty trucks in North America. The automaker needs to inspect and repair bracket welds that could affect steering. Some of the welds for the steering components could separate. This recall affects certain 2013 Ram 3500 pickups, 2014 Ram 2500/3500 pickups and 3500 Chassis Cabs. The third recall involves 188,000 model-year 2014 and 2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab pickups. The recall is necessary to make the side-curtain air-bags compliant with a federal regulation to reduce the risk of a rear occupant being ejected during a rollover. Fiat Chrysler is in the process of notifying Ram owners and repairs will be performed at no cost. (Report courtesy of usatoday.com) Recall Date: 09/10/2015
- Bosch Wireless Smoke Alarms Recall: Bosch Security Systems Inc., are recalling their Radion wireless smoke alarms installed as part of Bosch security systems. The alarms can fail to alert consumers to a fire, posing a fire hazard. The alarms have a Bosch label on the back with “RFSM-A,” a barcode with “F01U263962” and a 17-digit serial number starting with 0922320XXX. The XXX in the 8th through 10th positions of the serial number designates the date code. Only alarms with date codes 001 through 458 are included in the recall. Consumers should immediately contact their dealer/installer for a free replacement alarm. Bosch has contacted dealers and installers directly. Recall Date: 09/09/2015
- Pierce Emergency Vehicles Recall: Pierce Manufacturing (Pierce) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Pierce Arrow XT, Dash CF, Enforcer, Quantum, and Velocity emergency vehicles manufactured from November 3, 2014, through July 31, 2015. The affected vehicles have a driveshaft that may bend or twist possibly causing it disconnect. If the driveshaft disconnects from the vehicle, the vehicle would have a loss of drive, disabling it on the roadway and preventing the vehicle from responding to an emergency. Additionally, portions of the driveshaft could become a road hazard. These scenarios may increase the risk of a crash. Pierce has notified owners, and dealers will install a stronger driveshaft, free of charge. A second notice will be mailed to owners during September 2015 when parts are expected to be available. Owners may contact Pierce customer service at 1-888-974-3723. Pierce’s number for this recall is 74B265. Recall Date: 09/09/2015
- Shaker Chairs and Bar Stools Recall: Rejuvenation stores nationwide are recalling their Shaker chairs and bar stools. The legs and back of these products can break, causing the person sitting on the chair or stool to fall. Consumers should immediately stop using the chairs and bar stools. Rejuvenation is contacting customers directly to arrange for the product to be returned for a full refund. Recall Date: 09/08/2015
- Nestlé Water Dispenser Recall: Nestlé Waters North America is recalling its water dispensers due to a fire hazard. The screws holding the heat band in the dispensers can break or detach and cause the unit to overheat, posing a fire risk. This recall involves Nestlé three and five gallon cold and hot water dispensers. The model numbers BW210EZ and BW210EZES are only included in the recall. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled water dispensers, unplug the units and contact Nestlé for a free pickup of the recalled unit and delivery of a free replacement water dispenser. Nestlé is contacting renters of the water dispensers directly. The water dispensers were distributed to businesses and residential customers in Florida, Massachusetts and New York as part of a water delivery contract. Recall Date: 09/08/2015
- Andrew and Williamson Cucumber Recall: Andrew and Williamson Fresh Produce (“A&W”) of San Diego, California is voluntarily recalling all cucumbers sold under the Limited Edition® label during the period from August 1, 2015 through September 3, 2015 because it may be contaminated with Salmonella. Limited Edition® cucumbers were produced in Baja California and distributed in the states of Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Minnesota, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, and Utah and reached customers through retail, food service companies, wholesalers, and brokers. These cucumbers are shipped in a black, green, yellow, and craft colored carton which reads “Limited Edition Pole Grown Cucumbers”. Consumers who have purchased Limited Edition® brand cucumbers are urged not to consume them and to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund or to dispose of them. Additionally, nine Alaska Safeway and Carrs stores are voluntarily recalling Deli Sandwiches containing cucumbers in cooperation with the Andrew and Williamson Fresh Produce recall due to possible Salmonella contamination. Recall Date: 09/07/2015
- IKEA Crib Mattress Recall: IKEA is recalling its VYSSA SPELEVINK crib mattresses due to violation of federal flammability standards. The crib mattresses fail to meet the federal open flame standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled crib mattresses and return them to any IKEA store for a full refund. Mattresses that were given in an exchange to consumers for their VYSSA SPELEVINK mattresses in the two previous recalls are included in this recall program. Recall Date: 09/08/2015
- Okarche’s Frozen Cookie Dough Recall: Okarche Bakery of Oklahoma is recalling all frozen cookie dough, because it may contain undeclared Milk, Soy, Wheat and Yellow #5. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to these allergens run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product. The product was distributed in Oklahoma City and surrounding areas through fundraisers. It can be identified as Okarche’s Old Fashioned Gourmet Cookie Dough in white 3lb. plastic tubs. The recalled product does not have a lot number or best buy date. The product can be returned to Tower Café, 412 S. Main, Okarche, OK 73762, or call if you have any questions 405-263-7911. Recall Date: 09/08/2015
- Mitsubishi Fuso Truck Recall: Mitsubishi Fuso Truck of America, Inc. (MFTA) is recalling certain model year 2012-2015 FEC52 vehicles manufactured February 3, 2011, to March 31, 2015 and 2012-2014 FEC72 and FEC92 vehicles manufactured February 3, 2011, to January 9, 2013. The affected vehicles have brake pad shims that may rust or corrode after exposure to snow and ice melting chemicals that have been applied to roadways. Rust or corrosion will result in swelling of the shims causing an increased brake pedal stroke. The extra brake travel may lengthen the distance needed to stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. MFTA will notify owners, and dealers will replace any steel brake pad shims with stainless steel shims, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. MFTA’s number for this recall is C1008010. Recall Date: 09/07/2015
- Kids Sports Hoodies Recall: The James Trading Group is recalling its Croker Kids Ireland kids hoodies with model number IR6012 printed on a hang tag attached to the hoodie. The sweatshirts have a drawstring around the neck area which poses a strangulation hazard to children. Drawstrings can become entangled or caught on playground slides, hand rails, school bus doors or other moving objects, posing a significant strangulation and/or entanglement hazard to children. Consumers should immediately take these recalled hoodies away from children. Consumers can remove the drawstring from the hoodie to eliminate the hazard or return it to the place where purchased for a full refund. Recall Date: 09/07/2015