This week saw recalls on halogen bulbs, recalls on Segway chargers, recalls on Juratoys fishing games, recalls on Mack trucks, recalls on cheese, recalls on child restraints, recalls on kitchen faucets, recalls on Volvo trucks and recalls on water bottles. Details are below, courtesy of recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of September 14, 2015:
- Philips Halogen Bulbs Recall: Philips Lighting North America Corporation is recalling halogen bulbs due to a laceration and burn hazard. The lens of the bulb can shatter in the lamp or the lens can fall and shatter, posing a laceration and burn risk. This recall involves Philips 60W PAR 16 120V halogen bulbs manufactured from November 2013 to March 2015. Date codes that represent the month and year of production are painted on the bulb glass along with “PHILIPS Halogena PAR 16,” “China” and “60W/120/V.” Consumers should immediately stop using these recalled bulbs, remove them from any fixtures and contact Philips to request packaging materials and instructions for returning the recalled bulbs at no cost. Philips will provide free replacement bulbs. Recall Date: 09/14/2015
- Segway Charger Recall: Segway Inc. is recalling its off-board chargers for Segway Personal Transporters due to a shock risk. A wire inside the charger can detach and touch the side of the charger, posing a shock hazard. This recall involves Segway PT Off-Board Chargers manufactured from November 2012 to November 2014 with part number 23288-00001. The chargers are black, box-shaped and measure 8 inches wide by 13.75 inches deep by 4 inches high. Two wires used to connect the unit to Segway PT batteries extend from one end. The Segway brand name is on the charger above these wires. Chargers with the following serial numbers are being recalled: 13240C000265, 13240C000266, 13240C000268, 13240C000269, 13240C000272, 14205C000275, 14205C000278, 14205C000280, 14205C000295, 14205C000296, 14205C000297, 14205C000298, 14205C000302, 14209C000313, 14209C000314, 14209C000321 and 14209C000324. The serial number and part number are on a silver data plate attached to the bottom of the charger. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled chargers, unplug and contact Segway or the Segway dealer from whom it was purchased to receive a free replacement power cord equipped with a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). Segway is contacting consumers directly. Recall Date: 09/15/2015
- Juratoys Fishing Games Recall: Juratoys U.S. is recalling its Sardines Fishing Game and Starfish Fishing Game. The plastic worm at the end of the fishing pole line can separate, producing small parts that pose a choking hazard to children. Additionally, the small magnet inside the worm can detach. Swallowing multiple magnets can result in serious internal injury. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled games and keep them out of the reach of young children. Consumers should contact Juratoys for a prepaid shipping envelope to return the game. Juratoys will then send a $15 refund check for the Sardines game and a $20 refund check for the Starfish game. Consumers who paid more should include a receipt in the return to receive a full refund. Recall Date: 09/14/2015
- Lota Kitchen Faucet Recall: This recall involves Lota USA Glacier Bay and Schӧn brand touchless kitchen faucets. The battery box used to power the faucet’s sensor can short circuit, overheat and/or melt, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers. The faucets being recalled have model numbers: 67536-1001, 67536-1027H2, 67536-1008D2, 67558-0101, and 67558-0108D2. The model number and the manufacturing date are printed on the faucet’s black piping that connects the faucet to the kitchen’s water pipe under the sink. Consumers should immediately unplug and remove batteries from the faucet’s battery box and contact Lota USA for a replacement battery box for the faucet. Recall Date: 09/14/2015
- Karoun Dairies Cheese Recall: Karoun Dairies Inc. announced that it is voluntarily recalling a variety of cheeses it distributes due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The products are vacuum packed, in jars or in pails under the following brands: Karoun, Arz, Gopi, Queso Del Valle, Central Valley Creamery, Gopi, and Yanni. This recall is limited to cheese with the UPC codes found here. Consumers who have purchased any of these products are urged to dispose of or return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with any questions may call toll free 1-866-272-9393. Recall Date: 09/17/2015
- Recaro Child Restraints Recall: Recaro Child Safety, LLC (Recaro) is recalling certain ProRIDE child restraints, model number 332.01 in all colors (AK21, KAEC, KAEG, KK91, MC11, MJ15, QA56, QA9N, QQ11, QQ14, and QQ95), manufactured from April 9, 2010, through June 9, 2015, and Performance RIDE child restraints, model number 333.01 in all colors (CHIL, HABB, HAZE, JEBB, JETT, KNGT, MABB, MARI, MNGT, PLUM, PLBB, REBB, SLBB, REDD, ROBB, ROSE, SABB, SAPH, SLTE, VIBB, VIBE), manufactured from January 15, 2013, through June 9, 2015. In the event of a crash, the top tether anchorage may detach from the child restraint. As such, these restraints fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 213. If the top tether anchorage detaches from the child restraint, there is an increased risk of injury to the child or other vehicle occupants. Recaro will notify and send all registered owners a length of webbing with loops on both ends and instructions to further secure the child restraints. The retrofit kit will be provided free of charge. Recall Date: 09/16/2015
- Mack Trucks Recall: Mack Trucks Inc. (Mack) is recalling certain model year 2011-2016 Granite (GU) trucks manufactured from September 24, 2011, to July 1, 2015. The affected trucks may be equipped with an air brake system reservoir that does not have a sufficient volume. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 121. If the air brake system reservoir has as insufficient volume, braking performance may be affected, increasing the risk of a crash. Mack will notify owners, and dealers will add additional air brake reservoir volume, free of charge. Recall Date: 09/16/2015
- Volvo Trucks Recall: Volvo Trucks North America (Volvo) is recalling certain model year 2012-2016 VAH trucks manufactured from January 31, 2011, to June 25, 2015, and equipped with a sealed drag link. In the affected trucks, the drag link ball socket boot may be damaged due to the angle of the ball stud. A damaged boot may allow contaminants to enter and corrode the ball socket. Corrosion will accelerate wear of the ball, possibly resulting in the ball joint separating from the socket, causing loss of steering and an increased risk of a crash. Volvo will notify owners, and dealers will replace the drag link with one that has an improved geometry, free of charge. Recall Date: 09/16/2015
- Zak Designs Water Bottles Recall: This recall involves Zak Designs 26-ounce plastic water bottles. The inner plastic straw in the flip-top portion of the twist-off cap can break, posing a choking hazard. The 10 inch tall water bottles have a flip-top spout on a twist-off cap with colored inner plastic straws in clear, blue, gray, green, light purple or red. The water bottles were sold exclusively at Target stores in a “Back-to-College” promotion. Zak Designs has received nine reports of the inner plastic straw in the flip-top portion of the cap breaking, including seven reports of plastic fragments spit out by children using the bottle. No injuries have been reported. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled water bottles and contact Zak Designs for instructions on receiving a free replacement cap with straw. Recall Date: 09/16/2015