This week saw recalls on chicken, recalls on sauces, recalls on beef and pork products, recalls on dog food, recalls on pizza wheels, recalls on raisins, recalls on cribs, and recalls on lawnmowers. Details are below, courtesy of recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of September 28, 2015:
- Sanderson Farms Poultry Products Recall: Sanderson Farms is recalling approximately 554,090 pounds of poultry products that may be contaminated with extraneous metal materials the U.S. The chicken items were produced on September 17-18, 2015. The following products are subject to recall: 70-lb. cases containing “YOUNG CHICKEN PARTS JUMBO BONELESS SKINLESS BREAST FILLETS WITH RIB MEAT” with case code 45017; 70-lb. cases containing “YOUNG CHICKEN PARTS JUMBO CLIPPED TENDERLOINS” with case code 45092; 70-lb. cases containing “YOUNG CHICKEN PARTS JUMBO BONELESS SKINLESS BREAST BUTTERFLIES WITH RIB MEAT” with case code 45015; 70-lb. cases and 1800-lb. combos containing “FRESH YOUNG CHICKEN PARTS BREAST FRAMES” with case code 45969. The products subject to recall bear the establishment number “EST. P-247” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to processing facilities in Georgia and Louisiana. The problem was discovered when the firm received a complaint from a processing facility which found metal shavings in the product. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase. Recall Date: 09/28/2015
- Royal Frozen Food Products Recall: Royal Frozen Food is recalling approximately 230 pounds of frozen beef and pork products that were not produced under a fully implemented Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan. A portion of these products are missing the USDA mark of inspection and may also contain egg, an undeclared allergen, which was not declared on the product label. The frozen food items were produced between Sept. 1, 2014 and Sept. 29, 2015. The following products are subject to recall: 17 oz. plastic tray package bearing code #607238300447 and containing 10 pieces of “PRECOOKED STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES WITH BEEF AND RICE”; 20 oz. plastic tray package bearing code #607238300454 and containing 8 pieces of “PRECOOKED STUFFED CABBAGE LEAVES WITH BEEF AND RICE”; 12 oz. plastic tray package bearing code #607238300553 and containing 10 pieces of “POT STICKERS”. Some of the products subject to recall bear establishment number “Est. 20585” inside the USDA mark of inspection. One of the products (Pot Stickers) does not contain the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations in California. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase. Recall Date: 09/29/2015
- Kermit Inc. Products Recall: Kermit Inc. issued a voluntary recall of the following products because of undeclared allergens on the label. Undeclared soy, an ingredient in Worcestershire Sauce, is used to make the following:
- Kermit’s Key Lime Cocktail Sauce, Net Wt. 12-oz., Best By Sep/1/2016.
- Kermit’s Key Lime Steak Sauce, Net Wt. & 10-oz., Best By Aug/18/2016.
- Kermit’s Sweet & Tasty Key Lime Barbeque Sauce, Net Wt, 16-oz., Best By Sep/14/2016.
- Kermit’s Medium Mannered Key Lime Barbeque Sauce, Net Wt. 16- oz., Best By Aug/11/2016.
- Kermit’s Hot & Spicy Key Lime Barbeque Sauce, Net Wt. 16-oz., Best By Aug/19/2016.
- Kermit’s Chipotle Key Lime Barbeque Sauce, Net Wt. 16-oz., Best By Jul/24/2016.
- Kermit’s P4 Hot Sauce, Net Wt. 5.5-oz., Best By Aug/20/2016.
Additionally, the product, Kermit’s Key Lime Ginger Wasabi Marinade, Net Wt. 12-oz., with Best By 08/31/2016, is being recalled due to the undeclared, soybeans and wheat ingredients in Soy Sauce. The products are sold in clear glass bottles in the sizes with Best Buy dates as indicated above. The recall is for all of the individual products with the indicated “Best By” date or earlier. The recalled products were distributed in retail stores in Florida and Maryland, and sold direct to consumer via the internet through Kermit’s website, www.keylimeshop.com. Purchasers allergic to soy, soybeans, or wheat should destroy the product, or contact Kermit, Inc. for a corrected label. Recall Date: 09/28/2015
- OC Raw Dog Frozen Dog Food Recall: OC Raw Dog of California is voluntarily recalling 640-lbs. of Chicken, Fish & Produce Raw Frozen Canine Formulation. This is being done out of caution, as the product has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. No illnesses have been reported and no other OC Raw Dog manufactured products are affected. This voluntary recall is limited to Chicken, Fish & Produce Raw Frozen Canine Formulations that were packaged into 6.5-lb. Doggie Dozen Patties, 4-lb. Doggie Sliders, and 3-lb. Meaty Rox with the lot number 1819, and use by date of 05/05/16. These codes can be checked on the bottom left corner of the back of the package. Distribution is limited to customers in Colorado, Vermont, and Pennsylvania and sold to consumers through independent pet specialty retailers. Either dispose of the product immediately or return the product to the retailer where you purchased it for a replacement product. Recall Date: 09/28/2015
- Calphalon Pizza Wheel Recall: The Calphalon Corporation is recalling its Pizza wheel pizza cutters. The handle of the pizza cutter can detach during use, posing a laceration hazard. The pizza cutter consists of a circular metal blade that is approximately 3 ½ inches in diameter, connected to a gray hand guard and black handle. The word “Calphalon” is embossed on the top of the black handle. Model numbers GT112, 1793513 or 1793521 are printed near the barcode on the packaging. Consumers should immediately stop using the pizza wheel and contact Calphalon for a full refund. Recall Date: 09/29/2015
- Fatima Brothers Raisin Recall: Fatima Brothers Inc. is recalling its 7 oz. and 14 oz. packages of SHAD RAISINS because they contained undeclared sulfites. Consumers who have severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume this product. The recalled SHAD RAISINS come in an uncoded 7 oz. and 14 oz. plastic bag and was sold in retail stores in New York and New Jersey. Consumers who have purchased the SHAD RAISINS should return it the place of purchase. Also, United TC is recalling Basma Golden Raisins, 16 oz. and bulk cartons of Golden Raisins, 30-lb. because they may contain undeclared sulfites. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to sulfites run the risk of serious or life threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
Basma Golden Raisins, 16 oz. and bulk cartons of Golden Raisins, 30-lb. were distributed in New York and Pennsylvania through retail stores. Basma Golden Raisins, 16 oz. are packaged in a clear plastic package. Bulk cartons of Golden Raisins, 30-lb. are packaged in a plastic bag placed in a sole carton box. Consumers who have purchased the affected products are urged to return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at (732) 355- 9600. Recall Date: 09/30/2015
- Bexco DaVinci Brand Crib Recall: Bexco Enterprises Inc. is recalling its DaVinci brand cribs due to entrapment, fall, and laceration hazard. A metal bracket that connects the mattress support to the crib can break, creating an uneven sleeping surface or a gap. If this occurs, a baby can become entrapped in the crib, fall or suffer lacerations from the broken metal bracket. The recall includes DaVinci brand full-size cribs including the Reagan crib (model #M2801), the Emily crib, (model #M4791), the Jamie crib (model #M7301), and the Jenny Lind crib (model #M7391) manufactured from May 2012 through December 2012. The model number, serial number and manufacture date are printed on a label affixed to the bottom right hand side panel of the crib. Cribs included in the recall have serial numbers that begin with “N00,” followed by one of the numbers listed here. This recall is an expansion of a previous recall which included the same model numbers, but had different serial numbers. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled cribs and contact Bexco for a free replacement mattress support which includes replacement brackets. The cribs were sold at Target and juvenile products stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com from May 2012 to December 2013. Recall Date: 10/01/2015
- Shivvers Country Clipper Lawnmower Recall: Shivvers Manufacturing Inc. is recalling its Country Clipper lawnmowers due to a fire hazard. The gas cap threads do not align with threads of the fuel tanks opening, which can allow fuel to leak, posing a fire risk. The recall involves Edge, Edge XLT and Wrangler lawnmowers. The red riding lawnmowers have a gray seat with a foam cushion, black arm rests and either black or gray joystick or twin lever steering. “Country Clipper” and the model name appear in black letters on the front under the seat and on the sides of the lawnmower. Recalled Country Clipper model numbers can be found here. The model number is located on a silver metal plate on the mower’s side rail. Consumers should immediately stop using the lawnmowers and contact a Country Clipper Dealer to schedule a free repair. Shivvers is contacting owners of the recalled lawnmowers directly. Recall Date: 09/30/2015