On or about October 12, 2016, this website published a page entitled, “Endologix Stent Graft Lawsuit.” Although we strive to provide accurate information on our website, this post contained a number of inaccuracies and has, for that reason, been taken down. We also offer the following corrections of information included in the post:
- Using a study published in 2016, the page suggested that all Endologix stent grafts, products used in endovascular aneurysm repair, were reportedly connected to serious complications known as Type-III endoleaks. However, it was brought to our attention that the study only made note of devices manufactured between 2011 and 2014, known as the AFX® Endovascular AAA System (also AFX® Endovascular Stent Graft). Only those devices were at issue in the study cited by the page rather than all Endologix products.
- The page included the statement, “one of the most recognized methods of device failure is the possible development of a Type III (T-III) endoleak.” We have since learned that as the risk of Type-III endoleaks related to device failure are reportedly rare.
- The page included the statement, “T-III endoleaks are a serious type of endoleak that results from a defective endograft, increasing the risk of rupture…” This statement implies that endoleaks are primarily caused by the devices, however, it appears that endografts in general are one of several causes of endoleaks.
- The page used a direct quote from the study to suggest that an unusually high incidence of Type-III endoleaks were related to Endologix products without providing additional context regarding the high percentage of success and patient survival (97 and 98 percent) related to the devices.
- The page made reference to an October 2012 patent settlement with Cook Medical, implying a connection between the patent litigation and the information regarding T-III endoleaks and Endologix products. The connection between the two is irrelevant regarding the relationship between Type-III endoleaks and any Endologix product, including the device mentioned in the page.
- Lastly, the page listed seven serious health risks under a heading, “Endologix Stent Graft Risks,” which suggested that those risks were related specifically to Endologix products. Those risks, however, are widely known to be associated with all products used in endovascular aneurysm repair and not just Endologix products or the AFX® Endovascular AAA System.
Attorney Group strives to provide accurate information to its readers. To the extent the web page cited above contained inaccurate information, we sincerely regret the error.