This week saw recalls on glass pitchers, recalls on child car seats, recalls on tires, recalls on tuna, recalls on bistro chairs, and the recall of a bus. Details are below, courtesy of recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. The time to pursue a claim is limited, so contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of July 20, 2015 :
- Teavana Recalls Glass Pitchers Due to Laceration and Burn Hazards. The glass pitchers can break or leak, posing laceration and/or burn hazards to consumers if filled with hot tea. Recall Date: 07/22/2015
- Child Safety Seat Recall: Evenflo Company, Inc. (Evenflo) is recalling certain Embrace 35 two-piece, rear-facing infant child restraints equipped with an AmSafe QT1 buckle. A buckle that does not release easily, or possibly at all, may make it difficult to remove the child from the restraint, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a vehicle crash, fire, or other emergency, in which a prompt exit from the vehicle is required. Recall Date: 07/22/2015
- Tire Recall: Shandong Jinyu Industrial Co. LTD, (Shandong) is recalling certain Jinyu YS78 and Evergreen ES89 AT tires, size LT225/75R16, manufactured April 1, 2011, to August 31, 2014 (DOT date codes 1611 through 4314). The affected tires may not be able to properly dissipate heat, and as a result, the tire belts may separate. If the tire belts separate, the tire may suddenly lose air, increasing the risk of a crash. Recall Date: 07/22/2015
- Frozen Yellow-Fin Tuna Recall: Osamu Corporation of Gardena, CA is recalling Frozen Yellow Fin Tuna Chunk Meat (Lot #68568) sold to AFC Corporation of Rancho Dominquez, CA sourced from one processing plant in Indonesia because the Minnesota Department of Health Investigators found samples of this product from one retail location in Minnesota to be contaminated withSalmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Recall Date: 07/21/2015
- Cost Plus World Market Chairs: Ronan Bistro Chairs-The rear metal legs can bend unexpectedly and cause the chair to become unbalanced, posing a fall hazard to the user. Recall Date: 07/22/2015
- Vehicle Recalls-Thomas Built Buses: Daimler Trucks North America LLC (DTNA) is recalling certain model year 2002-2013 Thomas Built Buses. In the affected vehicles, the stem that connects the outside emergency door handle to the emergency door opening mechanism may corrode. If the stem corrodes, the door handle could detach from the emergency door opening mechanism, delaying the opening of the door and the evacuation of the bus. In the event of an emergency, this may increase the risk of injury to the bus occupants. Recall Date: 07/22/2015