This week saw recalls on computers, recalls on catheters, recalls on cheese, recalls on tires, recalls on dishwashers, recalls on cars, recalls on boys’ jackets, recalls on macadamia nuts, and recalls on cider. Details are below, courtesy of recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of August 03, 2015:
- NVIDIA Tablet Recall: This recall involves NVIDIA SHIELD tablet computers with 8-inch touch screens. Model numbers P1761, P1761W and P1761WX and serial numbers 0410215901781 through 0425214604018 are included in this recall. NVIDIA has received four reports of batteries overheating due to thermal runaway, including two reports of damage to flooring. Consumers should immediately stop using the tablets and contact NVIDIA for instructions on receiving a free replacement tablet. Recall Date: 08/03/2015
- Cook Medical Catheter Recall: Cook Medical initiated a lot-specific voluntary recall of 2,239 lots of Beacon Tip Angiographic Catheters. Globally, 95,167 devices are subject to this recall. The products include specific versions and lot numbers of the Torcon NB® Advantage Beacon® Tip Catheters (Catalog Prefix HNBR5.0), Royal Flush® Plus Beacon® Tip High-Flow Catheters (Catalog Prefix HNR4.0), and Slip-Cath® Beacon® Tip Catheters (Catalog Prefix SCBR5.0).The Beacon Tip Angiographic Catheters have been found to exhibit tip splitting or separation, which has resulted in adverse events. Cook has received 26 complaints of catheter-tip splitting and/or separation. There have been 14 Medical Device Reports to date in which a tip split or separation occurred. Tip splitting has the potential to lead to loss of device function. Tip separation may require medical intervention to retrieve a separated segment or may obstruct blood flow to organs. Recall Date: 08/03/2015
- Kraft Heinz Kraft Singles Recall: The Kraft Heinz Company is voluntarily recalling select code dates and manufacturing codes of Kraft Singles individually-wrapped slices due to the possibility that a thin strip of the individual packaging film may remain adhered to the slice after the wrapper has been removed. If the film sticks to the slice and is not removed, it could potentially cause a choking hazard. The recall applies to 3-lb. and 4-lb. sizes of Kraft Singles American and White American pasteurized prepared cheese product with a Best When Used By Date of December 29, 2015, through January 04, 2016, followed by the Manufacturing Code S54 or S55. Recall Date: 08/03/2015
- Continental Tire Recall: Continental Tire the Americas, LLC (CTA) is recalling certain ContiProContact tires, size 225/45R17 91H, manufactured February 22, 2015, to May 16, 2015. Due to a manufacturing error, these aftermarket replacement tires may leak air from the bead area. A loss of air pressure may result in sudden tire failure and increase the risk of a crash. CTA will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected tires, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin August 3, 2015. Owners may contact CTA customer service at 1-888-799-2168. Recall Date: 08/03/2015
- Viking Range Dishwasher Recall: The recall includes Viking Professional, Designer and Custom Panel dishwashers manufactured before April 1, 2011. An electrical component in the dishwasher can overheat, posing a fire hazard. Included in the recall are model numbers starting with: DDB200, FDB200, VDB200, DFB450, VDB450, VDB325 or DDB325. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled dishwashers and contact Viking for a free in-home repair.Recall Date: 08/06/2015
- Mazda North America Recall: Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain model year 2007-2014 CX-9 vehicles manufactured October 24, 2006, to December 28, 2013. The affected vehicles have front suspension ball joints that may corrode from water leaking into the fitting. Over time, the ball joint corrosion may result in the front lower control arm separating from the ball joint, causing a loss of steering control and increasing the risk of a crash. Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will replace both the left and right lower control arms, free of charge. Recall Date: 08/06/2015
- Children’s Place Boys’ Varsity Jackets Recall: The metal snaps on the jackets could detach, posing a choking hazard to young children. This recall involves boys’ knitted fleece varsity jackets in sizes 6 months through 5T. The jackets are royal blue with gray sleeves and have a baseball character with a red hat on the left chest area. “The Children’s Place” is printed on a tag at the neck of the jacket. A white sewn-in label at the side seam has product numbers 158805, 158806, 158807 and vendor number 1408. Consumers should immediately take the recalled jackets away from children and return them to any The Children’s Place store for a full refund. If the jacket was purchased online, contact The Children’s Place to receive a postage-paid envelope to return the jacket for a full refund. Recall Date: 08/06/2015
- Angry Orchard Cider Recall: Angry Orchard Cider Company, LLC, Cincinnati, Ohio, announced that it is conducting a voluntary recall of select cases (24/12oz bottles), 12-packs and 6-packs of Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Hard Cider. The precautionary action comes after the Company received inquiries from consumers that had experienced broken bottles or bottles overflowing when opened. After conducting follow-up quality testing, the Company determined that the affected cider is limited to two batches, produced on June 15 and June 29, 2015. Angry Orchard is voluntarily recalling the cases due to concerns that cider from these production runs appears to be showing signs of re-fermentation in the bottle, which could result in increased carbonation levels, and in some instances, bottles may overflow when opened or burst under increased pressure. While the impacted cider poses no health risk if consumed, the team at Angry Orchard took this measure to ensure that products available to consumers meet their high quality standards. Recall Date: 08/04/2015
- Mahina Mele Farm Macadamia Nut Recall: Mahina Mele Farms is recalling the following products after FDA testing foundSalmonella in macadamia nuts. Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. The following products are involved in the recall. They were distributed to retail stores from May 26-29, 2015 primarily on the East Coast and in Hawaii: Izzie Macs! Macadamia Nuts, Bulk Macadamia nuts (salted and unsalted; wholes and pieces), Baby Bruddah’s Mac Nut Buttah and Baby Bruddah’s Chocolate Mac Nut Buttah. Customers who have purchased the above products should not consume them and should return them to the store where they were purchased for a full refund or replacement. Mahina Mele Farm will reimburse the wholesaler for any returned product. These products were shipped May 26-29th, 2015 and are from LOT #016. Recall Date: 08/05/2015