This week saw recalls on strollers, recalls on dog food, recalls on trailers, recalls on ovens, recalls on off-road vehicles, recalls on tractors, recalls on mowers, recalls on MINI Coopers, recalls on Kroger brand seasonings, and recalls on Husqvarna tillers. Details are below, courtesy of recalls.gov.
If you would like more information on a recalled product, or if you have been injured by a product, including one of the products listed below, contact Attorney Group for more information. We offer free, no obligation consultations. We can help answer your questions. If you have a case and would like legal counsel, we can connect you with an affiliated product liability attorney who can assist you through the legal process. Get informed; get connected. Contact Attorney Group today.
Product Recalls for the Week of July 27, 2015:
- Stroller Recall: UPPAbaby recalls strollers and RumbleSeats due to a choking hazard. The strollers’ and RumbleSeats’ bumper bar poses a choking hazard when a child bites the bumper bar and removes a piece of the foam covering. Consumers should immediately remove and stop using the bumper bar on these recalled strollers and RumbleSeats and contact the firm to receive a free bumper bar cover and warning label. Name Of Product: UPPAbaby 2015 CRUZ, 2015 VISTA strollers and 2015 RumbleSeat. Recall Date: 07/27/2015
- Instinct® Raw Chicken Formula Recall: Nature’s Variety has announced a voluntary recall of their Instinct Raw Chicken Formula for dogs with a “Best By” date of 04/27/16 because these products may be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products. Recall Date: 07/27/2015
- Trailer Recall: Charles Machine Works Inc. (Charles Machine) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Ditch Witch T14MV trailers manufactured December 1, 2014, to June 22, 2015. The affected trailers may have an incorrect wiring harness that would result in the brakes not applying should the trailer breakaway from the tow vehicle. If the brakes do not activate in the event of a trailer breakaway, there would be an increased risk of a crash. Recall Date: 07/27/2015
- Whirlpool Jen-Air Oven Recall: Whirlpool has recalled its Jen-Air model ovens due to the risk of burns. The hazard is that the extendable roller rack of the oven can unexpectedly disengage when fully extended, posing a risk of burns. This recall involves Jenn-Air brand single and double wall ovens, and combination microwave/wall ovens with an extendable roller rack with handle. The ovens were sold in stainless steel, oiled bronze, black and white.Consumers should immediately stop using the extendable roller rack and contact Whirlpool Corporation for a free in-home inspection and repair. Recall Date: 07/29/2015
- Polaris Youth RZR Off-Highway Vehicle Recall: The vehicle’s fuel pump retaining ring can leak, posing a fire hazard. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled Polaris RZR vehicles and contact their local Polaris dealer to schedule a free repair. Polaris is contacting its customers directly and sending a recall letter to each registered owner of an affected product. Recall Date: 07/27/2015
- MINI Cooper Recall: BMW of North America, LLC is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S Hardtop 2 Door vehicles and 2015 MINI John Cooper Works Hardtop 2 Door vehicles. The affected vehicles do not meet the side impact performance requirements for the rear seat passengers. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 214, “Side Impact Protection.” If the side impact performance requirements are not met, rear seat passengers may be at a higher risk of injury during a crash. MINI will notify owners, and dealers will install additional energy absorption material between the rear interior side panels and the exterior vehicle body, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin September 12, 2015. Recall Date: 07/27/2015
- Briggs & Stratton Simplicity Tractors and Mowers Recall: The chute deflector on the Simplicity riding mowers and garden tractors can fail to prevent projectiles from being expelled. This poses a risk of injury to consumers from projectiles. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled products and contact a Briggs & Stratton dealer to schedule a free repair. Recall Date: 07/27/2015
- Husqvarna Lawn and Garden Tillers Recall: The tiller’s transmission shift rod and clip can come into contact with the control cable during shifting and cause the tiller to unintentionally move forward or backward, posing a risk of bodily injury and/or laceration. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled tillers and return it to the nearest Husqvarna dealer for a free repair. Husqvarna models: CRT900, CRT900L, DRT900, DRT900E, DRT900H. Recall Date: 07/27/2015
- Kroger Brand Seasoning Recall: The Kroger Company announced this week that it is recallingKroger Ground Cinnamon, Kroger Garlic Powder, Kroger Coarse Ground Black Pepper and Kroger Bac’n Buds sold in its retail stores due to possible contamination from Salmonella. Stores under the following names in the 31 states where Kroger operates are included in this recall: Kroger, Ralphs, Food 4 Less, Foods Co., Fred Meyer, Fry’s, King Soopers, City Market, Smith’s, Dillons, Baker’s, Gerbes, Jay C, Ruler Foods, Pay Less, Owen’s, and Scott’s. Kroger has removed the potentially affected items from store shelves and initiated its customer recall notification system that alerts customers who may have purchased recalled Class 1 products through register receipt tape messages and phone calls. Recall Date: 07/25/2015